NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

That's worrying. Makes me wonder if I have a broken unit if that's the case.
Problem is, there is no way to know if this is the case or not
Have you tried changing the preset sound mode and if so, do you still hear it?

Have you tried changing the preset sound mode and if so, do you still hear it?
Yeah and it's not so bad, plus I have taken virgin media from the soundbar and directly into the TV which seems to have improved it slightly

Does anyone else find a bit of sibilance when watching TV?
not noticed any, i watch tv via sky so assume sources will vary quality wise? you can always adjust the audio output, such as turning down the treble may help?

Finally got a helpful reply from the customer support. Out of curiosity, do other Stage owners see the sources list in the Stage config in the B&O app?

CS thinks that this is the simplest way of fixing my radio issue. Unfortunately on Android I don't see "Sources" in the "My Content" section, so now they're suggesting I do a factory reset, unpair the Stage, redownload the app and try again. Before I do that would be nice to know others do in fact see the Sources.

Finally got a helpful reply from the customer support. Out of curiosity, do other Stage owners see the sources list in the Stage config in the B&O app?

CS thinks that this is the simplest way of fixing my radio issue. Unfortunately on Android I don't see "Sources" in the "My Content" section, so now they're suggesting I do a factory reset, unpair the Stage, redownload the app and try again. Before I do that would be nice to know others do in fact see the Sources.

I don't have "Sources" listed under "Your content" on my app. When I click on "Your content", I see Chromecast, Deezer and Tunein. And given the huge dumpster fire, piece of unusable trash that their app is, I really am not going to undo the whole thing and start over. (At one point soon after I bought it, the bottom section of the app where you click and the volume wheel appears was missing altogether). I don't even remember what I did to get it back, maybe sign out and back in, but while the sound from the speaker is good, the customer support is severely lacking - especially for a product this expensive.

i have sources listed, which include tv airplay tunein etc full page of them, i use an iphone never had a problem with the app but there suggestion is probably worth ago. under your content just have chromecast,deezer and tunein.

i have sources listed, which include tv airplay tunein etc full page of them, i use an iphone never had a problem with the app but there suggestion is probably worth ago. under your content just have chromecast,deezer and tunein.
I have the screen full under Product settings --> Sources, but they aren't listed under the location given in that link that Vhalyar included. That link says to go to product settings THEN configure -- your content -- sources. "Configure" sends you to the screens with the black background, and the sources aren't listed there.

I have the screen full under Product settings --> Sources, but they aren't listed under the location given in that link that Vhalyar included. That link says to go to product settings THEN configure -- your content -- sources. "Configure" sends you to the screens with the black background, and the sources aren't listed there.
What tv are you using. I have a feeling a list of sources will only be displayed with an LG c9 or higher...

What tv are you using. I have a feeling a list of sources will only be displayed with an LG c9 or higher...

It's an LG but older, so you could be right thanks. I had a few issues at the beginning with the app and like I said customer service didn't seem to know ANYTHING. Can't deny that with the right source material like Hamilton, WW84 (blech), Soul (yay) etc. it sounds great to me. It's like having a pair of speakers but without the hassle of wires, separate subwoofer, etc. The thing I notice is that I keep looking for new/old things to listen to again.

Recent youtube vid by Andrew Robinson of the stage, worth a view his opinion echos the rest of us, in so much as a one box solution its the best out there.

Anyone with the Soundstage, LG CX tv, Sky Q and an Apple TV4K have sound issues when say turning off the Apple TV4K and turning on the Sky Q box there is picture but no sound?

Anyone with the Soundstage, LG CX tv, Sky Q and an Apple TV4K have sound issues when say turning off the Apple TV4K and turning on the Sky Q box there is picture but no sound?

I have the LG GX, Sky Q and the Apple tv 4K. The sound comes on okay, but I do get a rumbling sound coming out of the Soundstage when I change the imputs.

Hi All
Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me with the stage where by it turns itself on along with my LgC9 in the middle of the night at random times.
B&O have confirmed they are aware of the fault and are working with LG on a fix. I have borrowed another stage and that did the same last night. B&O have told me to just unplug at night which I do.

Hi All
Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me with the stage where by it turns itself on along with my LgC9 in the middle of the night at random times.
B&O have confirmed they are aware of the fault and are working with LG on a fix. I have borrowed another stage and that did the same last night. B&O have told me to just unplug at night which I do.

I had this problem with my LG C9. Unfortunately they could not sort it out so I returned for a refund. This was a few months ago though.

It should be fixed now. A friend of mine had B&O out and it because of a Bluetooth connection tv and Stage is searching for. Try and turn of BT if you don't use it

Hello
My setting is: ATV4K hdmi in BO Stage and HDMi ARC with my Sony (2015 led tv). My orange tv player HDMI to my TV. Sometimes when I switch off my ATV4K (switch also the TV because CEC activated) and then switch on the orange box (CEC also with the tv). The TV switch on, but the BO stage is not activated. Sound come from the TV. Same thing with ATV4K. It happen not very often. I just need to switch off and switch on again and it's ok. My personnel opinion is that something wrong with the TV who manage that: a bug

I have the LG GX, Sky Q and the Apple tv 4K. The sound comes on okay, but I do get a rumbling sound coming out of the Soundstage when I change the imputs.

Sometimes me too. I noticed sometimes for example in Netflix app (ATV4K) when I switch language (French to English or reverse) the audio switch from Atmos to PCM and then I have rumbling, scratch noise few microsecond.

I bought mine in April last year. The Stage was on the white cupboard with the STB bracket support to be straight. I decided to put it on the wall. It's just crazy how the sound change. The sound stage is much more wider and I can heard more details when listen to music. Bass are more precise. When watching tv, voice are more precise. Now the Stage is really at my hear level in front of my face when I am in my sofa. By saying that, I just want to remember that the room/position/furniture have always a big impact on the sound rendering :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 126
Has anyone audio drop-outs when an AppleTV connected directly to the Stage?
It doesn’t matter if I watch a file via Infuse with DD, DTS, etc. audio as the ATV outputs PCM.

When connecting the ATV direct to my tv or a receiver the problem is gone, also no problem when playing the same files via the Shield connected to the stage. (Same cables used)
May be someone already answer. It happen sometimes as well. ATV4K direct to the Stage. I stopped to scratch my head because I did tons and tons of setting change and trial. ATV4K direct to the TV and HDMi arc to the Stage no problem. ATV4K direct to the Stage, when using Disney+ app it never happen, but Netflix yes. When listen music with Music app in my AT4K it happen but never with airplay2 from my iPhone. When watching tv with orange tvplayer no problem. All in all my conclusion is sometimes Apple do update of OSTV not 100% compatible with B&O and vice versa. I try to change also AT4K video setting from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2 to decrease the data bandwidth and no improvement. Change HDMI cable and not improvement,....
But I like to much my Stage that I will not change it. When you are reading other topics of other brand there are also so much topics related to compatibility issue. We are in the IT world with associated issue. However, that does not excuse the problem. For the moment, the drop-out do not happen. :clap:

May be someone already answer. It happen sometimes as well. ATV4K direct to the Stage. I stopped to scratch my head because I did tons and tons of setting change and trial. ATV4K direct to the TV and HDMi arc to the Stage no problem. ATV4K direct to the Stage, when using Disney+ app it never happen, but Netflix yes. When listen music with Music app in my AT4K it happen but never with airplay2 from my iPhone. When watching tv with orange tvplayer no problem. All in all my conclusion is sometimes Apple do update of OSTV not 100% compatible with B&O and vice versa. I try to change also AT4K video setting from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2 to decrease the data bandwidth and no improvement. Change HDMI cable and not improvement,....
But I like to much my Stage that I will not change it. When you are reading other topics of other brand there are also so much topics related to compatibility issue. We are in the IT world with associated issue. However, that does not excuse the problem. For the moment, the drop-out do not happen. :clap:

Already solved the problem, I have updated my Panasonic OLED FZ800 to a HZ1000 and connected the ATV directly to the tv using eARC and voilla problem solved 😉

if you want to cheer your self up read the Ambeo posts, those poor buggers! nothing but problems, glad i took a different path, nearly bought one then the stage came along.

Strange thing happened... playing Film the Triangle... sound at the menu stage the film but when film starts no sound during film... the film soundtrack is DTS.. is this and issue for the Stage ? Played film through TV speakers as I could not work out how to get it through the Stage

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom