NEWS: Bang & Olufsen launches Beosound Stage soundbar

Probably a dumb question, but what color has everyone been getting? I am actually leaning towards the bronze if I decide to purchase one.
If I could've afforded it, I would've gone with the wooden version, but to pay an extra £650 for just a finish was a step too far!

The Bronze is beautiful and it looks great as a piece of furniture in its own right as a consequence. Just one thing to note: it's a light brown fabric cover, Bronze "cheeks" and a white base. I think you said you'd have it in its table top position, which means the white base would be visible at all times from your seat.

Some people may find that distracting from their viewing experience, but I don't mind it.

Probably a dumb question, but what color has everyone been getting? I am actually leaning towards the bronze if I decide to purchase one.

It looks nice, but I think it's a bit too busy with all the different color tones. In the end it's all about options and it's good to have choices.

If I could've afforded it, I would've gone with the wooden version, but to pay an extra £650 for just a finish was a step too far!

The Bronze is beautiful and it looks great as a piece of furniture in its own right as a consequence. Just one thing to note: it's a light brown fabric cover, Bronze "cheeks" and a white base. I think you said you'd have it in its table top position, which means the white base would be visible at all times from your seat.

Some people may find that distracting from their viewing experience, but I don't mind it.
good point.

Agree with this. The bronze really needs to be wall mounted to look good. The white base doesn’t quite work on the table top position. I wouldn’t rule out the anthracite. It looks really good and the black plastic base blends in perfectly with the dark cover and surround!

Agree with this. The bronze really needs to be wall mounted to look good. The white base doesn’t quite work on the table top position. I wouldn’t rule out the anthracite. It looks really good and the black plastic base blends in perfectly with the dark cover and surround!
I suppose the Anthracite with Grey cover is the most colour neutral, followed by the Silver with Dark cover and the Bronze with Brown cover the most colourful.

Personally, I definitely wanted something with a bit of life to it. I've posted over on the Subwoofers Forum about my dismay about the fact that Subs seem to come solely in either Black or Silver finishes, BK and MJ Acoustics seem to be the only manufacturers that offer a range of wood finishes.

I know it's just aesthetics and plays no part in an electronic item's performance, but I'm really pleased with my Bronze model (even in the table top position!) and that B&O offer more than just Black or Silver.

It's also a stroke of design genius on their part that you have a choice of forward firing or upward firing too, as I like the fact that you can't see a wall of drivers facing you but can still reap the sonic rewards. I suppose the only thing missing for a potential purchaser is no Sub Out connection, and that's something they may address if ever there's a Mark II version, but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the their comments about the color they chose for the Stage. I love the oak version the best but I can't justify that kind of price increase. I also didn't realize the base part of the bronze version is white (I appreciate that being pointed out in previous posts). That could be an issue so I will have to think on that. We have a tv stand that was made by my brother in law that is a dark finish and we have hardwood floors (that are also dark) so I figured the bronze would blend in better and look nicer.

Thanks to everyone for the their comments about the color they chose for the Stage. I love the oak version the best but I can't justify that kind of price increase. I also didn't realize the base part of the bronze version is white (I appreciate that being pointed out in previous posts). That could be an issue so I will have to think on that. We have a tv stand that was made by my brother in law that is a dark finish and we have hardwood floors (that are also dark) so I figured the bronze would blend in better and look nicer.
I'll be honest, my heart sank when I got it out of the box and saw that the base was white. I quickly went online and sourced for images and there it was!:facepalm:

My Stage sits horizontally on my TV stand which has Light Oak wood supporting rods, and I have Light Oak laminate flooring, but I think it looks really good and don't even notice the white base anymore.

Here's a pic from my seated position of around 9 feet away to give you an idea:

P1000961.JPG

I suppose the Black or Silver would be more neutral, but nowhere near as striking nor attractive, in my opinion.

I'll be honest, my heart sank when I got it out of the box and saw that the base was white. I quickly went online and sourced for images and there it was!:facepalm:

My Stage sits horizontally on my TV stand which has Light Oak wood supporting rods, and I have Light Oak laminate flooring, but I think it looks really good and don't even notice the white base anymore.

View attachment 1338777

I suppose the Black or Silver would be more neutral, but nowhere near as striking nor attractive, in my opinion.
i really think you need to add more speakers to that picture!

View attachment 1338777

I thought the whole idea of getting a stage was to eliminate the number of speakers you have in the room, not quadruple them! 😉

View attachment 1338777

So in what circumstances do you use the stage? Is it for normal tv viewing and then the other setup is for Movies?
Because I don’t think you benefit a lot sound wise when using the Stage vs your current setup.

So in what circumstances do you use the stage? Is it for normal tv viewing and then the other setup is for Movies?
Because I don’t think you benefit a lot sound wise when using the Stage vs your current setup.
I knew you guys would take the piss!

Yes, I have the 5.1.4 system for films and games. The Stage is for TV broadcasts, usually recorded on the Freeview Blu-Ray recorder (middle shelf to the right, the 4K player is to the left).

Funnily enough, I was watching an episode of "Deep Space 9" on DVD recently and the disc froze. Even when I ejected it from the 4K player, put it back in after cleaning and tried it again, it refused to budge. So I bunged the disc into the Blu-Ray recorder, switched on the Stage, finished the episode and it sounded really good! Obviously not as wide and full as the 5.1.4, but far better than if I'd just used the TV speakers alone.

I know it must seem like an indulgence, having two disc players and 5.1.4 plus a Stage, but they all fulfil different functions and I don't have to compromise the sound.

Anyway, you were all supposed to comment on the Stage's Bronze finish, not the amount of speakers I have! And I didn't even photograph the Surrounds!:blush:

Last edited:
I am wondering can you adjust the distance between the Stage and the listening position? Also can you adjust each speakers vol as in a amp?

I am wondering can you adjust the distance between the Stage and the listening position? Also can you adjust each speakers vol as in a amp?
In a word, no!

The Stage doesn't have settings like this. You can adjust the bar's orientation (table top or wall mounted), adjust bass and treble and there are various preset "voices". There's also another series of settings which adjust the sound, but the speaker output is uniform at all times in terms of volume i.e. quiet to loud.

B&O have tried to keep it relatively simple, it doesn't bounce sound around the room, hence no need to have distance nor individual speaker settings.

In a word, no!

The Stage doesn't have settings like this. You can adjust the bar's orientation (table top or wall mounted), adjust bass and treble and there are various preset "voices". There's also another series of settings which adjust the sound, but the speaker output is uniform at all times in terms of volume i.e. quiet to loud.

B&O have tried to keep it relatively simple, it doesn't bounce sound around the room, hence no need to have distance nor individual speaker settings.

Good point, I forgot when its a sound bar all speakers are fixed distance to each other. :p

Yes, I have the 5.1.4 system for films and games. The Stage is for TV broadcasts, usually recorded on the Freeview Blu-Ray recorder (middle shelf to the right, the 4K player is to the left).

Funnily enough, I was watching an episode of "Deep Space 9" on DVD recently and the disc froze. Even when I ejected it from the 4K player, put it back in after cleaning and tried it again, it refused to budge. So I bunged the disc into the Blu-Ray recorder, switched on the Stage, finished the episode and it sounded really good! Obviously not as wide and full as the 5.1.4, but far better than if I'd just used the TV speakers alone.

I know it must seem like an indulgence, having two disc players and 5.1.4 plus a Stage, but they all fulfil different functions and I don't have to compromise the sound.

Anyway, you were all supposed to comment on the Stage's Bronze finish, not the amount of speakers I have! And I didn't even photograph the Surrounds!:blush:
Couldn't even spot the Stage in that photo, it was too overshadowed by other things. 🤭

In all seriousness I think it looks alright, as you say I think you could of got away with the silver aluminium one too, possibly Anthracite, although that has a grey speaker cover, so not quite sure!

As long as you are happy that's the main thing 👍

Well after much debating whether to stay in the Sonos eco system or dump my Beam and associated Ones, it's B&O time for me.

I've gone for the Anthracite as it'll be in the flat position and I figured the dark edging may be less distracting than the chrome version.

It comes Tuesday, which just so happens to be when my wife is away;)

Well after much debating whether to stay in the Sonos eco system or dump my Beam and associated Ones, it's B&O time for me.

I've gone for the Anthracite as it'll be in the flat position and I figured the dark edging may be less distracting than the chrome version.

Wise decision and good choice on the colour!

I kinda wish I’d gone for that colour. Either way, good decision!

No your right no home should be without at least 20 speakers.

What a great birthday present for her! please give us your feedback once the stage has bedded in.

What a great birthday present for her! please give us your feedback once the stage has bedded in.

Yes will do though things have taken a turn for the worse as she is currently looking to change her travel plans to the following day, I'm hoping she leaves before the huge box arrives or things are likely to get messy!

Big thumbs up though to Peter Tyson, very quick communications and excellent customer service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom