NEWS: Bang & Olufsen introduces 55-inch Beovision Contour OLED TV

jdevil

Distinguished Member
If you look at the specs, it's actually a LG TV rebranded as B&G. Uses the same LG CPU (α9 Gen3 AI Processor 4K) and has WebOS 5.0. I'm guessing it's the LG CX but it does feature a Powerful 550W Sound System. Wish a lot more TV's would offer this than messing around with Soundbars and speakers etc;

RichardG

If you have to ask...

Seriously though, as a happy owner of an Eclipse, yes it's an LG panel, but the big sell is the audio. This looks like it's based on the Stage which is a reasonable £1250. The Beoremote One is £300ish now and that's also included.

There's B&O bespoke software for assignable speaker groups and multi room (if that's your thing) built in, rather than just the LG WebOS

No the pricing is not "ludicrous", it's expensive. Factor in the faultless service and support you'll get and it starts to make more sense. I had a wifi issue (my fault) on a Saturday night and I texted my dealer asking for help, saying it could wait until after the weekend. He came out the same evening at no charge. This is well after warranty had expired.

They do cost a bit more, but then you get a bit more. I'm happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom