NEWS: Astell&Kern launches SP2000T digital audio player

Captain Ron

Lovely bit of kit. I have the baby of their range from a few years back. The Akjr and while the interface on it is fairly basic compared to their more modern offerings the sound quality through my Shure SE30 in-ears is just lovely given good source material. I do wonder just how much better one of their higher end models like this one would perform though. Night and day difference or marginal gains. The fact that they even managed to get a valve amp into it though is just awesome. Hopefully AVForums get one in for review.

jumpman 1972

Lovely bit of kit. I have the baby of their range from a few years back. The Akjr and while the interface on it is fairly basic compared to their more modern offerings the sound quality through my Shure SE30 in-ears is just lovely given good source material. I do wonder just how much better one of their higher end models like this one would perform though. Night and day difference or marginal gains. The fact that they even managed to get a valve amp into it though is just awesome. Hopefully AVForums get one in for review.
I also have an Astell & Kern Jr which i bought a few years ago which sounds great with FLAC files and i plan next year, funds permitting, to purchase a Kahn. I hope i don't regret it.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom