NEWS: Astell&Kern announces A&norma SR25 Hi-Res music player

Steven

Senior Moderator
The company would sell more units to the personal audio enthusiast crowd if they adopted the 4.4mm balanced standard and ditched 2.5mm balanced

psikey

Distinguished Member
Never liked any of the weird AK designs and just overpriced audio jewellery really. Look elsewhere for great audio at reasonable price and nice design IMO.

Sony, Fiio & Hiby designs much nicer.

4.4mm any day over 2.5mm balanced (for durability & nice "click" sound :D )

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Never liked any of the weird AK designs and just overpriced audio jewellery really. Look elsewhere for great audio at reasonable price and nice design IMO.

Sony, Fiio & Hiby designs much nicer.

4.4mm any day over 2.5mm balanced (for durability & nice "click" sound :D )
I didn't mind some of their older designs, but what on earth is going on with that slanted display?! Blurgh.

Deffo overpriced nowadays. Plenty devices using the same/equivalent DACs and internal tricks.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I’m keen on a mobile Roon endpoint. Wondered If this fits the bill but I’m sure there is cheaper options on the used market. Styling isn’t for me either.

jim1106

I have had this for two weeks now having upgraded from a Cowan Plenue d2 and this player is in another class. It sounds superb, has an excellent GUI, greater sd capacity, much better build quality and bluetooth.
Love it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom