NEWS: Arendal Sound announce 1723 Bookshelf S THX speakers

gerrybytes

Looking forward to a review of these.

I was considering going for the 1723 Monitor and Center S. However the bookshelf S would be more wife friendly

CarMad

These could be an option for me in the office potentially.

I've got the Tower S and they are sublime constantly surprised at what they are capable of and how rich and dynamic the sound is. Can't recommend them enough.

Paddyfin

I must admit after seeing the adverts on this site I am certainly eager to have a listen to this manufacturers speakers
I plan to move soon and my built in B&W system will stay, I need a new system

mikeysthoughts

Looking forward to a review of these.

I was considering going for the 1723 Monitor and Center S. However the bookshelf S would be more wife friendly
The Arendal Facebook page has some ratings from European reviewers.

D1gita1

I like the way the announcement started with 'bigger is not always better'. Imagine if they'd followed up with an even bigger monitor :eek:

T N Args

Standard Member
The reviewer writes, "Top end frequencies from tweeters tend to be quite ‘beam-like’ in their dispersion so the waveguide has been modelled to broaden that dispersion pattern."

Firstly, dome tweeters tend to be very broad in their dispersion through most of their range, and a bit narrower at the very top frequencies. Secondly, a waveguide will never broaden dispersion. Quite the opposite, its function is to constrain it, and thus prevent beaming by making the broad, low-frequency dispersion from a dome no wider than the narrower, high frequency dispersion.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom