NEWS: Apple's Spatial Audio coming to tvOS

After restarting my Apple TV 4K, it appeared :) and Dolby Atmos coming through on AV. Search within music for Dolby Atmos, there is quite a lot there but not all come through yet as Atmos. Seen quite a few albums that are in lossless too!

I have it both on my ATV 4K & iPhone 12 pro Max.
its so good, game changing.
Will new buy my first ever DAC to connect my PC to my denon X6700 & a pair of AirPods pro.
RIP to amazon music HD,Tidal & Spotify
Amazon & Tidal are 10% lostless, Apple Music is 90% lostless.
cant wait to try it on my iPad Pro.
I repeat, game changing.

Will spatial be available on the Apple TV app?

I have it both on my ATV 4K & iPhone 12 pro Max.
its so good, game changing.
Will new buy my first ever DAC to connect my PC to my denon X6700 & a pair of AirPods pro.
RIP to amazon music HD,Tidal & Spotify
Amazon & Tidal are 10% lostless, Apple Music is 90% lostless.
cant wait to try it on my iPad Pro.
I repeat, game changing.
I’m wondering if they will allow audio pass thru on Apple TV now for hi res.

Tried it out with the ATV 4K through our Atmos set-up. Yep, very nice!

Spotify whacked up their Family prices this month so cancelled it and grabbed a 2 month free Apple Music trial and I have to say it's chalk and cheese now. The Marvin Gaye demo as it moved from Mono to Stereo to Dolby Atmos was unbelievable

How does that work?
There's no "Spatial", but the tracks are playing as Atmos tracks, so depending on the track & the Atmos mix, with the well done ones, very enveloping. Live tracks particularly, of course,

Looking forward to trying this on my Apple TV tonight.

How does this work through AirPods given they've just presumably got single drivers in them?

I assume these won't work on non apple headphones, If they did 3D music could really take off

I didn't think my iPhone X would support Atmos, but it's available in the Music app settings.

But then: Dolby Audio Apple iOS Device Support Dolby Developer | Dolby Developer

So who knows?

I will say that when I tested Atmos last night with my Sony WH-1000XM3s, it all sounded a little bit underwhelming. Maybe I'm expecting too much from stereo headphones, but there wasn't really any sense of being in a bubble of sound.

I didn't think my iPhone X would support Atmos, but it's available in the Music app settings.

But then: Dolby Audio Apple iOS Device Support Dolby Developer | Dolby Developer

So who knows?

I will say that when I tested Atmos last night with my Sony WH-1000XM3s, it all sounded a little bit underwhelming. Maybe I'm expecting too much from stereo headphones, but there wasn't really any sense of being in a bubble of sound.
Did you set the atmos to always on rather than automatic? It will only work with third party headphones on that setting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom