NEWS: Apple unveils Series 6 Watch and new iPad Air

I think Apple are taking the p##s with the iPads storage 32gb on iPad and 64gb on the Air. they are going back 4 years Not forward absolutely diabolical how can Apple think this is acceptable.

I think Apple are taking the p##s with the iPads storage 32gb on iPad and 64gb on the Air. they are going back 4 years Not forward absolutely diabolical how can Apple think this is acceptable.
You can also get them in 128gb & 256gb models respectively, if you want more memory...

You can also get them in 128gb & 256gb models respectively, if you want more memory...
Yes at a premium price.
you could get a iPad Pro for a little more.
you should Not have to spend an extra £150 for the 256gb on the air it should start at 128gb then if you want extra.its just Apple being Greedy and trying to say look a cheap iPad.

Hmm 64gb for the starter tier does seem stingy. Useful post. I suppose Apple has data that says customers opt for / they can push customers to online storage or streaming, rather than local physical storage. Makes sense with Apple Music and Apple now having TV shows

Really disappointed with the lack improvement in battery life

i think it's fair to say that even Apple is starting to struggle to add more stuff to their watches each year....if it wasn't for the Fitness+ section, the watch info would have lasted 5 minutes max.

It's fair enough though...how much more can a watch do than what it does already.....its already top of its game so its gonna be struggle to get it much further year on year....

I quite fancy the new iPad Air - I have a 10.5” iPad Pro and the trade in is quite reasonable. I have 64gb of memory and that has been fine - although this time around I may jump up a tier in memory - George

I quite fancy the new iPad Air - I have a 10.5” iPad Pro and the trade in is quite reasonable. I have 64gb of memory and that has been fine - although this time around I may jump up a tier in memory - George
whats the trade in value?

Is the new iPad Air screen capable of Dolby vision HDR10 and Dolby Atmos? If not I’ll go for the 2020 Pro to replace my 2018 pro. It’s worth about £350 on trade in.

I recently upgraded my wife's 10.5" iPad Pro 64GB to a 2020 Pro 12.9" 128GB. She doesn't use memory so makes no difference whether 32GB or 128GB.

What makes the difference is the solid build and reliability of the machine and its software. A lot of money but there's no equal and my wife's happy.

Last edited:
A few YouTubers have crunched some theoretical numbers and it seems the A12Z in the Pro is still faster than the new A14.

A few YouTubers have crunched some theoretical numbers and it seems the A12Z in the Pro is still faster than the new A14.
makes sense I guess.....Id be a bit annoyed if Id just bought a Pro and the new Air was faster

Yeah, the processor numbering system doesn't quite work as logically as you'd think. Its not unreasonable to think that 14 is two better than 12, but those letters on the end make all the difference.

I really like the look of the new Air, and colours at last too!

Yeah, the processor numbering system doesn't quite work as logically as you'd think. Its not unreasonable to think that 14 is two better than 12, but those letters on the end make all the difference.

I really like the look of the new Air, and colours at last too!
Id get the air but with no FaceID it’s a non starter.

Id get the air but with no FaceID it’s a non starter.

As someone who now uses their iPad Pro in a Magic Keyboard pretty much all the time I’d agree. I really hope this feature makes it to the new laptops as it finally makes authentication transparent (apart from the strange App Store thing where you have to click the button first).

To be more accurate, the A14 is faster than the A12 (of course) and faster than the A12Z in single core tasks. In multi-core tasks the A12Z is faster (which makes sense).

So heavy gaming, video editing etc. the pro is the best, but the Air will still be a brilliant piece of kit and more than adequate for most, even avid FPS gamers and video editors.

I think I would go for the Pro with the A12Z if I wanted more than the base storage as the price difference gets you Promotion and likely more RAM (we won’t know for sure about the RAM until a teardown after release).

Personally am undecided which to get at present, gonna decide after the next ”event”.

I’ll be getting the Air. Could probably get away with the base iPad but fancy the upgrades of the Air without the extra cost of the Pro.
ive no interest in Face ID.

Looking to buy the new air 256gb for my daughter for Christmas.
Is there any danger of them selling out and I must find/preorder one tomorrow?

Looking to buy the new air 256gb for my daughter for Christmas.
Is there any danger of them selling out and I must find/preorder one tomorrow?
Why not just order one?
I seriously doubt they’ll sell out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom