NEWS: Apple unveils new iPhone 13 handsets

Should just be called the iPhone 12s, I wish I hadn't sold my 12 Pro Max

My iPhone X is nearly 4 years old and nothing of the new features in the iPhone 13 is enough for me to upgrade. Apple seem to be obsessed with better and better camera and video functions, just give me a phone that can take and send calls and texts plus the ability to go on social media from time to time. What I want is a 6.7" " as I am starting to struggle to read the screen, It's an age thing " phone from the lower price range but that's not going to happen. When my phone becomes non functional may have to look elsewhere for a larger reasonably priced phone. Who cares about being a wannabe film producer or photographer, that's what SLR camera's are for?.

i am slightly disappointed with this new lunch, i have a iphone xs max and apart from a better camera and huge storage theres nothing that makes me jump up and go On the apple website. Its a shame the iphone 12 pro does not offer 512 gb.

i am slightly disappointed with this new lunch, i have a iphone xs max and apart from a better camera and huge storage theres nothing that makes me jump up and go On the apple website. Its a shame the iphone 12 pro does not offer 512 gb.
I have the same phone as you and very happy with it. The only thing now is some 2 years on the battery is fading.

I Terabyte of storage for a mobile phone is just mind-blowing, it tells you everything about computing and electronics/mobile internet growth in the last 15 years.

I missed the announcements yesterday, then caught up and meh. Nothing there that attracts me. Sure if I needed a new phone I would get the 13 Pro but I see no reason at all to upgrade.

iPhones have long been pretty polished devices so they where always going reach a stage of diminishing returns, with prores, whilst not surprising due to the data involved, I think the 128gb being limited to 1080p will be confusing for customers, I would rather them just lift the base to 256gb and allow all the pro models access to the same features.

Also given the data involved with prores, it would have been a perfect time for them to migrate to usb c after all they made a big enough song and dance about it being available on the new mini.

For me these conferences have been too "camera" heavy, its also like that's the only avenue available to innovate, it isn't and I do expect to see changes in the future, especially regarding the notch and a return for touchid but I do have some sympathy here as their phones are very good, why change what isn't broken...

Also nice to see the price has held.

I'm still happy with my iPhone SE (Original)....it does everything I want it to. If I'm concerned about camera quality, I'll use a camera...

The only problem with the older devices are the battery life, I find them terrible after the years and they barely hold charge. I went from XS to iPhone 12, now I have a phone that can actually last a day. My XS was great but really wears out over time.

Innovation is stagnating! From the first iPhone I upgraded EVERY year up to the XR. Have had that for well over 2 yrs and have no urge to upgrade (maybe an age thing), battery still easily lasts a day

There was a new iphone launch?……😝

…..I upgrade on a 2 year cycle and this year is an upgrade year but in all honesty I won’t be upgrading to the 13…probably just buy a 12 pro max. No real innovation on the iphone this year at all. Mostly marketing hyp.

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

Waits for iPhone 14.......

I can pretty much echo everything that's been said above. I have an 11 Pro Max and it is perfect for my needs.

I would like 120hz, but I'm not upgrading for that alone. I know it probably sounds silly, but if they had included always on display and USB C, that probably would have tipped me.

FYI, for the guys above still liking their older phones (like myself) but complaining about the battery, have you considered going to Apple and getting the battery replaced? It's not too expensive I feel and would give your phone a new lease of life?...

It took Apple about 4 years to implement 120hz screen, when others manufacturers had that and they're forced into it, if they had their way, they would have left it behind.
Always on display, too complicated to implement or leave till next Iphone 14 but many experts predicted it would be here. The same design with the ugly rear 3 lens protruding from the back, that you could use as a shaver.

I think Apple should just go and make a “ i Camera “ as thats all that these new i phones are
based on as such .
its all camera related and a little tweak to get people to trade up etc .
and also the controversial csam what happened to privacy Apple ?

Got an email from Apple saying amazing new Iphone 13. Awesome screen. Most advance camera. Huge leap in battery life (Huge as in 50% better then? Lol)

Reading the comments hear though you’d think Apple are hyping things to the max again.

a new iPhone release used to attracts hundreds of comments, is the fact there's so few an indication of how underwhelmed people are with's Apples update strategy?
I mean, even Android fans can't be bothered to post about it! :rotfl::rotfl:

For me it’s gonna be a big jump…I’ve had my 7plus for 5 years, So I can’t wait to get my hands on the fat boy 13 pro max this year! I’m really excited about it!
The people who upgrade every year & wonder why much hasn’t changed really baffle me, Apple has to release them in order to keep share holders happy but people don’t have to buy them EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR!
phones seem to be at the zenith of what they can realistically do, short of a miracle, they’ll always be incremental changes even when every other generation there are seemingly radical changes. I think we take for granted what these phones can actually do.
that’s just my take, honestly my 7 plus is a little creaky & starting to show its age but it could go another year if I really wanted it to but I’m jumping aboard the hype train this year.

There was a new iphone launch?……😝

…..I upgrade on a 2 year cycle and this year is an upgrade year but in all honesty I won’t be upgrading to the 13…probably just buy a 12 pro max. No real innovation on the iphone this year at all. Mostly marketing hyp.
Agreed

The Magic that Apple once had many moons ago have vanished sadly
Csam
imessage
behind on tech
Additional camera
Additional camera
oh did i mention additional camera improvements .

for the first time im looking in to one of those secure Android phones . 😎😎

i think consumers have voted with their wallets….pre-orders still available on the UK website. 🤣

Am I missing something? It's almost the same as the iPhone 12 with the addition of:

• ProMotion
  • Better camera
  • Faster processor ... nobody will notice the difference as older models are still considered very fast and can handle any apps.

Only really worth upgrading if you're on a really old device, and even then you might as well get the 12 cheaper.

@Tase @mikelfc the delivery slots quickly went from 24th, to 4-11th October, to 2-3 weeks
I went for it as I have a XS Max and really want the wide angle lens. I did the comparison and saw the 12 was a good choice, but, it's £50 more than the 13 (??) and what really swung it, was the brighter display! If it wasn't for those two things, I'd have moved to the 12 Pro without question.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom