NEWS: Apple Music subscribers get lossless tier and spatial audio from June

This is excellent news and means that any thoughts I had of switching to Spotify HD are banished forever more. Apple One premier subscriber here and I use Apple Music for streaming and my own collection, so delighted with this.

At the very least I will be able to stream in lossless via Airplay to my recently acquired Naim MuSo 2 speaker, for “CD quality”. That’s an improvement already.

I’m also waiting for a new Apple TV 4K to arrive, I wonder what level of quality I’ll get from that in this configuration : Apple TV 4K connected via HDMI to LG OLED TV (65E9) which is in turn connected via HDMI to the Naim MuSo 2. Would this give me the full “hi res“ music experience?

This is excellent news and means that any thoughts I had of switching to Spotify HD are banished forever more. Apple One premier subscriber here and I use Apple Music for streaming and my own collection, so delighted with this.

At the very least I will be able to stream in lossless via Airplay to my recently acquired Naim MuSo 2 speaker, for “CD quality”. That’s an improvement already.

I’m also waiting for a new Apple TV 4K to arrive, I wonder what level of quality I’ll get from that in this configuration : Apple TV 4K connected via HDMI to LG OLED TV (65E9) which is in turn connected via HDMI to the Naim MuSo 2. Would this give me the full “hi res“ music experience?
I'm interested in the Apple TV 4k bit too, i'm looking at buying one so i can take advantage of Amazon Music HD (lossless) and Apple Music Lossless, here's hoping it is supported but i'm also hovering over the buy button to give it a go, admittedly its a lot to spend just for getting lossless audio but i do listen to music quite often.

I'm interested in the Apple TV 4k bit too, i'm looking at buying one so i can take advantage of Amazon Music HD (lossless) and Apple Music Lossless, here's hoping it is supported but i'm also hovering over the buy button to give it a go, admittedly its a lot to spend just for getting lossless audio but i do listen to music quite often.
Do you have an iphone or another device that has HEOS? You could then use HEOS to play AMAZONMUSIC-HD on your Denon Amp. Saving you from buying an AppleTv.

Do you have an iphone or another device that has HEOS? You could then use HEOS to play AMAZONMUSIC-HD on your Denon Amp. Saving you from buying an AppleTv.
Yeah i do, when i tried it a while back i found the whole experience to be really horrible through HEOS/Tidal, navigation/search etc.

Found this article, looks like Lossless is supported on the Apple TV

Attachments

• Lossless-Support-Feature.jpg
    Lossless-Support-Feature.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 134
That’s ok, I thought you knew as you were going to buy one. Did you?
Yeah i ordered one after reading the above, mines due to arrive between 27th-7th June from Apple.

So it is June now. Has lossless gone live yet , can any subscribers to Apple Music confirm please ?
Thanks.

Next keynote 7th June so more info then.

Its now live :) restarting Apple TV 4K got me options for Atmos and lossless. Search Dolby Atmos in music app, also seen quite a few albums with lossless badge.

Apple TV 4K thru HDMI to Denon 3700. You have to turn it on via settings, then in music. It appeared after a restart.

Apple TV 4K thru HDMI to Denon 3700. You have to turn it on via settings, then in music. It appeared after a restart.
I wonder will Taylor Swift sound any better?

Yep can confirm i can see Dolby Atmos tracks and also Lossless on the Apple TV 4k.

Will do some tests after work, shame there's no way to see the actual output quality e.g 24bit 48, 16, 44 etc.

Yep can confirm i can see Dolby Atmos tracks and also Lossless on the Apple TV 4k.

Will do some tests after work, shame there's no way to see the actual output quality e.g 24bit 48, 16, 44 etc.

Attachments

• 534BC28B-44C8-4700-B44D-51662D743DFD.jpeg
    534BC28B-44C8-4700-B44D-51662D743DFD.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 112
Cheers, yeah i meant the quality of the track whilst its playing via apple tv. On my iphone i can tap the Lossless indicator and it'll say 24bit 44khz etc. a minor thing really :)

Cheers, yeah i meant the quality of the track whilst its playing via apple tv. On my iphone i can tap the Lossless indicator and it'll say 24bit 44khz etc. a minor thing really :)
It’s the same on Apple TV so it’s a Dac for full 192 KHz
Just listening to Auberge by Chris Rhea and does good from the Apple TV even though it’s 48 KHz :)

But will I finally be able to upload and play FLAC files on my iPhone?
Waited years for this...
I use the Korg player on my iPod ... is fine with ALAC and FLAC

What sort of DAC do I need to get 192khz and is it worth the effort? Bit disappointed that my A4K and Denon x3600h can't do it.

Am playing Bruch's Violin Concerto Lossless from Apple Music on the Mac Mini and then via Airplay into my LINN Majik DSM ... sounds wonderful. I tried the Dolby Atmos into my Marantz 7.1 cinema system ... some of Rock sounds a bit contrived, but the Jazz is stunning

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom