NEWS: Apple iPhone 12 range first to feature 5G

Pretty good lineup. Nice design, although its a rehash of Iphone 4/5 and Iphone X. Looking forward to seeing video and camera samples

"Apple’s much heralded A14 Bionic chip with its 11.8 billion transistors and 11 trillion operations per second now make the iPhone 12 up to 50 percent than any other smartphone currently available. "

50 percent faster or 50 percent slower?

In these Covid 19 times, will Apple be able to make Face Id work whilst wearing a face mask?

Mine doesn’t recognise me with a mask on.

In these Covid 19 times, will Apple be able to make Face Id work whilst wearing a face mask?

I'm not sure I would want it to. Surely it would compromise the level of detail required, making it easier to circumvent... but i'm no expert.

Im annoyed at the lack of the wall plug.
I understand their reason for doing it but its really just cutting costs and not passing the savings onto the buyer. However, the biggest issue is the change from USB-a/b to USB-C and no wall plug.
I have several apple devices but non that have USB-C. My computer nor laptop have USB-c.
So either i use my current charging cable with old wall plug or have to buy a new one.

Surprised they still can't get rid of the notch. No real incentive to upgrade from my 11 Pro. I'll pass.

I'll be buying the iPhone 12 RED (currently on iPhone XR RED) and I'll be using my current wireless charger at my nightstand from Belkin.

Be interesting to see how the pro handles the 4K DV video production and whether it is as simple as using iCloud to play them in 4K DV on the ATV - george

Surprised they still can't get rid of the notch. No real incentive to upgrade from my 11 Pro. I'll pass.

They can but saving it for next years model or the next to make people upgrade .
small steps sells .
had my X for circa 3 years no reason to upgrade as does more or less exactly the same as the latest albeit a better camera .

But that is the only thing they seem to do is enhace the camera every year .

For the love of all things holy make sure you know your Apple ID password.
got a new iPad on Friday. Went to set it up and couldn’t remember my password. No drama, just did a password reset via iPhone. Password change accepted and do I want to sign out of all devices. Well might as well.
that done it now doesn’t accept new password. No biggie I think, rerun the password reset process but now I don’t have any devices verified. Email linked and number linked but now have to do a account recovery. Took them 24 hours just to send me an email telling me I’ll get a txt or phone call at 23:56 Wednesday night to initiate a password reset.
not best pleased.
My own fault I know but still.

Im annoyed at the lack of the wall plug.
I understand their reason for doing it but its really just cutting costs and not passing the savings onto the buyer. However, the biggest issue is the change from USB-a/b to USB-C and no wall plug.
I have several apple devices but non that have USB-C. My computer nor laptop have USB-c.
So either i use my current charging cable with old wall plug or have to buy a new one.
I'm in the same position as you - Apple gear but non that hvae USB-C. I know this change is inkeepngi with the times - audio moving to USB-C from micro - but still annoying that no wall plug option in the box.

I'm thinking of getting a 12 Mini as my 5 is failing.
I don't watch videos or games on my phone so I don't need 5G. I understand 5G is heavy on the battery.
My question is can 5G be turned off to extend battery usage before needing charging?

tom

I'm thinking of getting a 12 Mini as my 5 is failing.
I don't watch videos or games on my phone so I don't need 5G. I understand 5G is heavy on the battery.
My question is can 5G be turned off to extend battery usage before needing charging?

tom
With the standard setting on the iPhone 5G will only be active when your on the right spot and you're doing an action that actually needs 5G speeds, when you're done it will go back to LTE/4G+.
PS: you're simcard and carrier must be 5G enabled.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom