NEWS: Apple introduces new iPad, iPad mini and Series 7 Watch

ti33er

They should be increasing the iWatch BATTERY LIFE… charging that thing every day is a nuisance

bongo123

They should be increasing the iWatch BATTERY LIFE… charging that thing every day is a nuisance
I dont see the issue with it personally, i have a samsung watch and i simply take it off and it magnetically clips to the wee wireless charger beside my wireless phone charger, hardly a nuisance like

ti33er

Garmin and others last up to a week! If that, they could have a low power OS option that only does a few chosen functions like Health and Text Messages for when out n about……in my opinion

iamsludge

Whilst I wouldn’t mind more battery life, I put mine on a charger when I go to bed. Oh and it‘s usually got 50% battery left when I go to bed.

Flashy

Seriously thinking about ordering the new bog-standard iPad to replace my original Air, bought as a refurb five years ago after I couldn't get on with the Air 2's vibration issue.

The Air was great but is really showing its age now. Web pages take ages to load and then need to reload, apps are slow to open, etc. I'd love a new Air but can't justify the price for something that, to me, will basically just be a toy. A shiny, new, Apple toy, though...

chillo

Seriously thinking about ordering the new bog-standard iPad to replace my original Air, bought as a refurb five years ago after I couldn't get on with the Air 2's vibration issue.

The Air was great but is really showing its age now. Web pages take ages to load and then need to reload, apps are slow to open, etc. I'd love a new Air but can't justify the price for something that, to me, will basically just be a toy. A shiny, new, Apple toy, though...
think the new base iPad is a bargain at £319!

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Might as well get A15, iPads generally last a lot longer than the iPhone in terms of longevity, speed and battery power. Going for a A15 will definitely last year the next 6 years imo. So while more expensive you'll get more out of it in the long run.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Might as well get A15, iPads generally last a lot longer than the iPhone in terms of longevity, speed and battery power. Going for a A15 will definitely last year the next 6 years imo. So while more expensive you'll get more out of it in the long run.

Yes, I agree. I don’t need the monster expense of the big ones, so mini it will have to be.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
So this new Mini with the A15 chip, should that in theory be a better performer than my 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” with the A10X chip?
I like the new Mini’s form factor and the extra inch in screen size is welcome.
I’d get the 256GB 5G model as I’ve always had the cellular version iPads, I use it a lot out and about in the car.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom