NEWS: Apple AirPods Pro to ship from 30th Oct for £249

Always wanted a pair but i just cant justify that price tag.

Placed my order today 🎧

Great addition for my 12.9 iPad Pro :D

I’ve got gen 1 AirPods
are these worth the upgrade?

Also ordered - mine shall be arriving tomorrow.

I’ve got gen 1 AirPods
are these worth the upgrade?

Read the article in the first post, more than enough information for you to judge whether these will be a worthwhile upgrade.

Even if the answer is "no" I would be reasonably confident comply, spinfit and non-branded would develop and release a new tip. £$€ talks :-D

Got mine.
56F6F4BA-CF15-4486-9CEE-3ACDDFB8BEFF.jpeg

Just need JL to get stock, still get discount on Apple accessories so will be worth the extra wait. Hopefully I'll be able to use them when running without the need for silicone ear grips unlike the gen 1 and 2 AirPods

Just need JL to get stock, still get discount on Apple accessories so will be worth the extra wait. Hopefully I'll be able to use them when running without the need for silicone ear grips unlike the gen 1 and 2 AirPods

You’ll definitely be able to go running in these mate. Luckily they fit me perfectly, straight out of the box but I’ve had no issues with them coming loose whilst walking, talking or eating.

Is there anyone that couldn't get a good fit on the gen 1 & 2, would slip out, come loose etc, but these are fitting ok?

I'll definitely consider these if audio quality reviews are good and after market foam tips are available eventually.

Is there anyone that couldn't get a good fit on the gen 1 & 2, would slip out, come loose etc, but these are fitting ok?

That’ll be me then. I had a lousy time with the original ones except when my ears got wet, after which the ‘pods would seem to get more grippy but still not infallible. The new ones however, stay in in regardless of what I do.

Btw if anyone thinks the volume level is too low, just go to settings,music and turn off sound check. This makes them that bit louder without any noticeable loss in quality. Well, none that I can detect at least.

Anyone able to give review of sound quality?

Just ordered my pair from JL, collecting Friday.
(In stock on the app but not yet on the website for some reason)

Compared to the Gen 1 they are a good leap on in terms of fit, sound and greater bass response.
Definitely worth upgrading and the ANC is superb.

Picked mine up today too and so far very impressed with the fit and sound quality. The Active Noise Cancelling is great. I’ve used Bose QC20s for years for noise cancelling when travelling and find that they create a strange pressure in the ear that I can only live with for a limited amount of time. I didn’t get this at all with the Airpod Pros so that’s a big positive too.

My original AirPods have been redistributed to my daughter. She’s happy. I’m happier. Initial impressions are that the AirPod Pros are a big upgrade on the originals in just about every way. I also like the design / smaller “stem”, look a little less daft than the original AirPods. Not tried phone calls yet but for music, very good indeed.

Mine came this morning in time for a tube ride across London and then a train to Reading so an ideal testing day.
I’ve used a few noice cancelling on ears before and various high quality in ears such as £1000 Shure 846
I’ve also come from the AirPods 2 and though I liked them I had to use silicon aftermarket tips to keep them in and improve sound quality/seal.
They are really good but a pain to carry around.

Anyway 2.5 hours in ear and no ear fatigue.
Unlike normal in-ears there’s no stalk just the clever tips so maybe this helps. The controls on the air pod Itself was a little fiddly at first but go used to that.
The killer feature for me is the noise cancelling. Really effective and for the first time no real vacuum sense thanks to those little vents.
Also walked through a really windy tunnel at Oxford Circus and only noticed slight wind noise when my track stopped but again no vacuum.
Transparency is also a great feature and means I will probably leave them in ear a lot of the time (I receive a lot of phone calls which was actually my main reason for buying the AP2)

So for me this is almost the ideal product - I just really would have liked nice colour option other than white.

Mine came this morning in time for a tube ride across London and then a train to Reading so an ideal testing day.
I’ve used a few noice cancelling on ears before and various high quality in ears such as £1000 Shure 846
I’ve also come from the AirPods 2 and though I liked them I had to use silicon aftermarket tips to keep them in and improve sound quality/seal.
They are really good but a pain to carry around.

Anyway 2.5 hours in ear and no ear fatigue.
Unlike normal in-ears there’s no stalk just the clever tips so maybe this helps. The controls on the air pod Itself was a little fiddly at first but go used to that.
The killer feature for me is the noise cancelling. Really effective and for the first time no real vacuum sense thanks to those little vents.
Also walked through a really windy tunnel at Oxford Circus and only noticed slight wind noise when my track stopped but again no vacuum.
Transparency is also a great feature and means I will probably leave them in ear a lot of the time (I receive a lot of phone calls which was actually my main reason for buying the AP2)

So for me this is almost the ideal product - I just really would have liked nice colour option other than white.

Many thanks for the review. In regards to sound quality how would you say it faired against wired IEMs of a similar value. I have a set of Phonak Audeo PFE 232 (appreciate these are of a higher value) but like the convenience of wireless... cheers

Many thanks for the review. In regards to sound quality how would you say it faired against wired IEMs of a similar value. I have a set of Phonak Audeo PFE 232 (appreciate these are of a higher value) but like the convenience of wireless... cheers

Thats a tough one as I haven't used wired IEMS for quite some time as sold my Shures 846 about a year ago and I used them via my Chord Mojo/Poly - I also don't think my ears are as good as they used to be now!
At home I use B&W P7W's and Oppo PM1's via the Mojo. Whilst the AirPods Pro can't compete with them, they really are pretty impressive. If I try and remember what my 846 used to sound like on the tube, they used to be pushed very far in my canal and volume cranked way up to cut out the background noise. The AirPods Pros and the N/C really do a great job in this environment.
If fly in 2 weeks and today sold my Sony WH-1000XM3's on the forums so will be interesting to see how the AirPods cope on long-haul!

Today I got an even better seal by changing the tip which improved the bass so I think you won't be disappointed if you get the fit right. The good thing is that buying from Apple essentially means you've got a 14 day no quibble home trial so that's what I would do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom