NEWS: Android TV adds sponsored content after update

What gets me is no one cares enough to even comment on this. As I've posted elsewhere on these forums I think it's a disgrace but it seems I'm in a minority :/

G

What gets me is no one cares enough to even comment on this. As I've posted elsewhere on these forums I think it's a disgrace but it seems I'm in a minority :/

G

No to be fair I'm pissed off about it. Can hide it but it keeps reappearing.

My Sony TV is a 2015 model, so it doesn't really get updates anymore. Because of that I was looking at disconnecting it and buying an Nvidia Shield TV for the security updates. Kinda glad I haven't yet! I won't be buying one if this is the direction they're going in

I have a 2018 43" Sony KDXF80 TV and a Nvidia Shield TV box, both running Android Oreo (v8). However I'm NOT seeing any sponsored TV content on the Home screen, am I just lucky or are there others also not seeing this?

I have a 2018 43" Sony KDXF80 TV and a Nvidia Shield TV box, both running Android Oreo (v8). However I'm NOT seeing any sponsored TV content on the Home screen, am I just lucky or are there others also not seeing this?

YOU MUST BE RUNNING RESTRICTED PROFILE, WHATEVER THAT IS.

Not seen any ads myself,but I'm not to arsed about it anyway. Only use prime,Netflix,YouTube.

I have 5 devices all running Oreo, including Sony TV 55XE9005. All of them now allow my own choice of channels and the ones I switch off do not reappear the next day. So, panic over chaps ;-)

Yep my ZD9 now allows me to disable the "promotional channels" row and, unlike before, it now stays disabled.

how do you do this please?

Scroll down to Customize Channels on the Home Screen.
Move all the way down to the Promotional Channels option
Click OK on your remote
Click OK again on the Apps Spotlight to unselect
Enjoy an ad-free experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom