NEWS: Amazon Prime UK launches Icon Film Channel in March

cyman

I dont get amazon these days. There's not much on prime compared to netflix then these extra channels appear that we have to pay for on top of our paid subscription. You would think they would just bolster the prime library and sort out their clunky app to make a better experience for prime members.

gibbletts

I dont get amazon these days. There's not much on prime compared to netflix then these extra channels appear that we have to pay for on top of our paid subscription. You would think they would just bolster the prime library and sort out their clunky app to make a better experience for prime members.
It’s horses for courses I watch more on prime than I do on netflix, i like horror and sci-fi and prime have lots of trashy films to watch plus I use the free delivery so it’s better value for me than Netflix.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
I hear that, but it is a real convenient way to get just like a month of premium content, either from Starz or BFI or Arrow or whatever your poison is, and then turn it off after a month. I've had so many 99p months, of such a variety of stuff that isn't available on Netflix that it's still keeping me onside, even if the Prime Originals don't exactly come thick and fast.

The TV app is a monumental pain in the backside, though. No getting around that fact.

sbowler

Too many spin offs regarding channels PPV. Your paying for prime which includes movies so don't split it for yet another subscription.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
There is a lot more bundled UHD stuff on Prime than there is on £8.99 Netflix...;)

moraghan

There is a lot more bundled UHD stuff on Prime than there is on £8.99 Netflix...;)

That may be the case but the stuff is so hard to find on Amazon that I would wager most people end up watching standard HD versions of the movies and tv shows as they have no idea UHD versions exist. The Amazon interface is awful. Why they can’t detect the capabilities of your device and act accordingly is beyond me.

Personally think Netflix is streets ahead of Amazon Prime .... not even close. If Prime didn’t have free deliveries I would bin it.

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
That may be the case but the stuff is so hard to find on Amazon that I would wager most people end up watching standard HD versions of the movies and tv shows as they have no idea UHD versions exist. The Amazon interface is awful. Why they can’t detect the capabilities of your device and act accordingly is beyond me.

Personally think Netflix is streets ahead of Amazon Prime .... not even close. If Prime didn’t have free deliveries I would bin it.
I don't have any problems. Also I've noticed with recent stuff Prime presents the UHD content as default. Greenland, David Copperfield, The Expanse being recent examples I've seen. Perhaps your Prime app needs updating.

UKseless1

I'm another one on the side of - too many spin off subscriptions hiding sparce content. In our house we have Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney. We even had Apple TV for 12 months when the better half got a new phone. Apart from the big players, very few have much decent content - talking about new stuff... I'm not really that bothered with back catalogues being repackaged and sold yet again over and above the content I've bought on disk. I know there's the hunt and peck approach to subs perhaps I need to get with it.

I just see this as more ways to crank open our wallets. It doesn't really do the decent content on these spin off's any good as it's used to attract people who join for a show... realise there's nothing else.. and ditch the sub... and the show gets ditched for lack of funding.

devlino

Yes i agree, Netflix content much better but costs more than Amazons £79 which includes delivery items, books, mags, music, pic storage, live football, video games... prob best bargain out there tbh.

Ron Hilditch

Yes i agree, Netflix content much better but costs more than Amazons £79 which includes delivery items, books, mags, music, pic storage, live football, video games... prob best bargain out there tbh.
Guess it's a case of personal choice, binned Netflix and kept Amazon Prime. Prime's interface is awful and why can't why such a big company, get something so simple right? At £79 a year + free deliveries it is a bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom