NEWS: Amazon Prime Day deals available for members

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Shame they cannot maintain decent pricing for the rest of the year and delivery that matches the stated next day and then the email states another day later.

Good discounts though!

djcla

Distinguished Member
Never had an issue with deliverys and can often get them the same day as long as I choose the right option.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Never had an issue with deliverys and can often get them the same day as long as I choose the right option.

Good for you.

Currently I am using Amazon for around 4 out of 10 purchases due to price alone and that can be up to a difference of £40.

We use it mostly for Prime video and the odd deals.

djcla

Distinguished Member
I guess it depends on your location but even when we lived more rural it was still next day most of the time. So interesting to hear it's not the same for all. I also find their customer service is very good via chat.

nitram_tpr

I'd say we're hitting 50% of deliveries that are marked as prime are next day, the rest are 2 or 3 day deliveries. At the start of Covid I left it but now I don't know why I'm not getting the full Prime benefit :( I'll start complaining soon, in the past they normally apologise and give me a £3 or £5 voucher.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Next day doesn't exist for me at all.

At best order Monday for a Wednesday delivery and so on. I don't order much anymore though. I've even had to force myself to use Prime Video more just so I can feel like I'm getting some value for my yearly €100 charge.

I'll pop on on the day to have a looksy, but I've quite enjoyed seeing money in my account over the past year and not just blowing 100s a week on sh*t from Amazon. :D

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Next day or same day for me. Never have an issue with Amazon. Last weekend our Microwave had an issue, ordered Sat afternoon, came Sunday morning.

I do find their Prime Days massively disappointing though. I guess I'm expecting great deals, only to see something that was cheaper the day before with an inflated price, then reduced again on a timed deal.

The real deals are to be had when they do 20% off warehouse as you can get some bargains on there. Despite them saying scratched etc, they usually never are.

Evinger

I find Amazon Prime well worth the money. Delivery runs very well on Mainland Europe - even though one of the Warehouses is in Holland, it's so close, next day is usually no problem. And Prime Video works well for us; lots of Movies & series on the "to be watched" list.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Amazon Prime is worth the money for the TV alone. Everything else is just a bonus to be honest.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Amazon Prime is worth it for the deliveries, video is a bonus for me. Certainly wouldn’t subscribe without the delivery part.

aVdub

Distinguished Member
I guess it depends on your location but even when we lived more rural it was still next day most of the time. So interesting to hear it's not the same for all. I also find their customer service is very good via chat.
Near enough that we were at one time getting same day deliveries and next day was almost always the norm.
Not got any complaints with customer service, Prime video, which we use a lot, just with some of their pricing, which has seen me use other sites at a much cheaper price and their dangling carrot that can change the delivery time, once the product is bought.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I can still get same day or next day deliveries on pretty much everything.

I do live 5 minutes from one of their big warehouses though, if that makes any difference. Having said that though, instead of orders coming 5 miles up the road direct to my house, they go to Northampton first, which must be 20 odd miles and then another 20 odd miles back to me. Very green :D

Maybe when they start doing drone deliveries they might come direct:laugh:

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Never had an issue with Amazon, they are levels above anyone else in the market.

Next day delivery, unlimited photo storage, Prime video for £79 as well as being competitively prices to Argos, Currys, Supermarkets or any other retailer.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Next day delivery seems to work about 90% of the time for me, but when it goes wrong it really goes wrong :(

I ordered something early on Monday and was given the next day as the delivery date.
Not only did it not arrive, nobody seemed to know where it was.
This morning I got the option to cancel (they still didn't know its whereabouts) so I did.

anlygi

Late deliveries are to be expected, but you don't have to tolerate them. Anytime anything arrives late I get onto live chat and usually get a month's Prime as compensation.

I've been using Amazon since 2005 and I must have complained about 2 or 3 deliveries in 15 years up to the pandemic. I've had to complain about 5 or 6 this past few months. I've had late, lost in transit and damaged deliveries. Amazon aren't shy in compensating you. For lost and damaged I've had £10 credits applied to my account and one for £20 due to value.

If you're paying for a service and not getting it, a polite complaint usually makes it worth your while. They're better than anyone else and I imagine they're using all manner of stopgaps to meet demand. Prime Day will cripple them! I've had DPD bring a fair few items as well as people in cars via Hermes but most from their own drivers.

Sold an item on here a while ago, sent via Special Delivery that didn't arrive next day. Complained to RM online and they posted me a cheque for £7.50. It'll probably end up in the bin as I'm not going all the way to the bank in the middle of the pandemic to lodge a cheque for £7.50... They probably hope people won't lodge them. A cheque in 2020 lol.

drmsa

@anlygi Just FYI you can log cheques now using your mobile phone banking app. Do have a look. Very handy feature if your bank does it.

jdevil

Distinguished Member
The usual Fire TV/Tablet deals...Reckon Black Friday will still have the better sales being closer to Christmas.

Nostromo71

From the few random products I checked it's the usual smoke & mirrors approach to 'deals'. The Panasonic DP-UB150EB-K 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player with the £40 saving at £109 was £99 last November

Gerry557

From the few random products I checked it's the usual smoke & mirrors approach to 'deals'. The Panasonic DP-UB150EB-K 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player with the £40 saving at £109 was £99 last November
I saw this and thought it was the "best deal" that I spotted. I suppose it could be me terrible at spotting or just a lack of real deals. All hype and little substance.

RedTomato

was hoping for a £59 Prime for a year deal like last time, but no dice
Find a friend at uni (student or staff or alumi, as long as they have an ac.uk email address) & slip them a fiver to sign on for Prime student discount, dirt cheap. Change the email address to yours after signing on.

RedTomato

I brought my bro an Echo (3rd gen) (same as Echo Plus 2nd gen) plus Alexa smart plug - £50 for the bundle (usually £90 just for the Echo) - so that he can enjoy voice controlled music streaming plus turn his bed light on / off without getting up. If he doesn't like it / is uneasy about the Amazonian mothership, he'll send it back.

UK link but I think it's all gone.

As for myself I brought a full house fitout of Tado smart radiator valves & wired smart thermostat. Have owned the classic Nest Thermostat (3rd gen, the best one) for a few years and it's lovely but I'm fed up of it being unable to control individual radiators (and Google clearly won't allow it to accept on-demand requests from smart radiator valves).

Had my eye on the Tado for a while, but today it's less than half price - smart radiator valves for £32 (normally £70) and the thermostat itself (+ 2 valves) for £130 (normally £300) so a pretty decent deal I'm expecting it to pay for itself possibly by the end of this winter, maybe next winter. (Especially if I can sell the Nest here.) Fuel is expensive here especially with 4 of us here on varying timetables / WFH / in & out of school.

Probably the best electronic bargain on Amazon IMHO, at least this one saves you money & helps environment too.

Last edited:

mikeybabes2

Distinguished Member
I bought a Samsung 32” 4K monitpr for £ 269.00. I’m repalcing my Apple 30” cinema display, and this will be a lot cheaper on Running costs As well as a lot higher resolution.

But otherwise - Not a lot to shout about.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Sean Connery: James Bond icon dies aged 90
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett