For a “poop” device I was just pleasantly surprised that For All Mankind played in Dolby Vision on the AppleTV app. Good show by the way.
So it does. That’s excellent.
When did that change I wonder, it was definitely HDR10 last time I tried.

For a “poop” device I was just pleasantly surprised that For All Mankind played in Dolby Vision on the AppleTV app. Good show by the way.

Better hope it doesn't disappear like HLG did on the iplayer

So it does. That’s excellent.
When did that change I wonder, it was definitely HDR10 last time I tried.

Must have been very recent. I read about it somewhere, tried, and it worked.

Better hope it doesn't disappear like HLG did on the iplayer

Given that this is Apple, DV is subject to disappearance at any given moment :D

They are in the process of fixing HLG on the Stick anyway I believe. Not that it really matters for those with TVs that support this anyway. Always internal if needs be as a stop gap.

Must have been very recent. I read about it somewhere, tried, and it worked.

Given that this is Apple, DV is subject to disappearance at any given moment :D

They are in the process of fixing HLG on the Stick anyway I believe. Not that it really matters for those with TVs that support this anyway. Always internal if needs be as a stop gap.
Seems the only reliability is a hard copy disc. We started watching an older series on Netflix via the stick and ended up rushing through the first 10 episodes of series 1 in case it was pulled.

None of the movies do, and it supporting DV hardly takes it off the poop list

PQ from the 4k stick is excellent but I’m fed up with judder from 60hz Netflix shows. Is there still no device that can playback all the native frame rates properly especially netflix ?.

I'm using Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd generation. The official apps are working fine but, once I sideloading any of these popular apps ( Popular Fire TV Apps ) I'm unable to do this. I'm following all the steps correctly mentioned on this website.

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
PQ from the 4k stick is excellent but I’m fed up with judder from 60hz Netflix shows. Is there still no device that can playback all the native frame rates properly especially netflix ?.

Apps that framerate match (currently netflix does not)

I'm using Amazon Fire TV Stick 2nd generation. The official apps are working fine but, once I sideloading any of these popular apps ( Top Amazon Firestick Apps ) I'm unable to do this. I'm following all the steps correctly mentioned on this website.

Can anyone help me?

So, you have installed the downloader app?

you then pasted the url into the troypoint page?

Has anyone got the Disney + app showing 4k on the gen2 4k box, I'm only getting 1080p.

Has anyone got the Disney + app showing 4k on the gen2 4k box, I'm only getting 1080p.

yes I had 4k DV showing on Moana , no Dolby atmos though .

No mines dangly :eek: :laugh:

does the v2 support hdr? I don’t believe Disney is carrying a 4K sdr stream.
Just reading up, it probably doesn't, I'll have to look out for a newer one, shame Panasonic don't have the app.

Just reading up, it probably doesn't, I'll have to look out for a newer one, shame Panasonic don't have the app.

Probably best to wait for things to settle down as quality is up and down atm due to bandwidth restrictions they are imposing, the current 4K stick often drops to £35

So on my 2016 LG LCD I can set the Firestick to auto-resolution and it'll play Netflix and Disney+ in Dolby Vision. However it seems then Netflix and Disney+ only get 1080p. Prime will play in UHD though.

If I force the Firestick to 2160p then I get regular HDR instead of of Dolby Vision. Will Netflix and Disney+ then play in 4K? And is this behaviour normal for the Firestick?

yes I had 4k DV showing on Moana , no Dolby atmos though .
It shows as 4Kand will stream 4K but only plays back at 1080p because, like with the Netflix app, it doesn't auto adjust the frame rate. This can be verified using the System Monitor app. See pic:

20200326_115912.jpg

To watch in 4K you have to manually set the resolution to 2160p60 but depending on whether your TV supports DV @60Hz you may only get HDR.

It shows as 4Kand will stream 4K but only plays back at 1080p because, like with the Netflix app, it doesn't auto adjust the frame rate. This can be verified using the System Monitor app. See pic:

View attachment 1273705

To watch in 4K you have to manually set the resolution to 2160p60 but depending on whether your TV supports DV @60Hz you may only get HDR.
It's a bloody mess, I just want a streaming device than match all frame rates for each service, how hard can it be!

View attachment 1273705

I've just discovered this developer displays for myself.

As far as I can tell Disney+ never goes above 1440p at any point. Whereas Prime and Netflix do reach 2160p UHD.

Last edited:

I've just discovered this developer displays for myself.

As far as I can tell Disney+ never goes above 1440p at any point. Whereas Prime and Netflix do reach 2160p UHD.

I just checked Clone Wars and that was 720p using the system monitor. Also checked Star Wars ep7 and that was 1440p. Not sure if that'd eventually increase after letting them play for a bit, but you don't need to on Netflix after trying Formula One Drive to Survive as it instantly showed 2160p..

Some of the Clone Wars episodes are quite old so I'm not surprised they're not all full HD.

It doesn't matter if you let the Disney streams play for a bit, I tested earlier, never went above 1440p.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom