1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News about Land of the dead cuts.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Jul 13, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Hi all.

Just seen this over at the mellon farmers web site re Land of the dead.

6th July

Updated 7th July

Updated 12th July Zombies at the BBFC
    Thanks to Andy who pointed out the latest George A Romero zombie movie, Land of the Dead, has been passed uncut with a 15 certificate (Saying that there will no doubt be a directors cut pop up sooner or later). A sign of the times then that zombie flicks are now being made suitable for at least older children

7.7.05 Thanks to Harvey:

I have been told (unconfirmed) that the cinema version of Romero's Land of the Dead has been cut by approximately 6 minutes to obtain an R rating in the US. Presumably it was this cut version that was submitted to the BBFC.

12.7.05 Thanks to Neil:

Now the reason for my email is to clear up any confusion. Romero was told when he made the film that he could do two versions, a theatrical release and a unrated DVD release. Hence the reduced time for the theatrical release. There was no cuts imposed on the US version because the sequences had never been included in the first place, always planning to make the complete version available on DVD. The BBFC version of the film is the uncut theatrical release

Dave.

2. pRot3us

pRot3us
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,972
    Just as was expected

I was going to wait for the dvd anyway :smoke:

3. Hugh

Hugh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,175
    Yeah, knew that when the deal was signed. Didn't know exactly how much though. Nice. :thumbsup:

Still won't stop me watching it at the cinema, buying the regular DVD, buying the unrated DVD (Unless by some miracle, they give us a choice and release both discs at the same time), then buying a new 'ultimate box set'.

I've got over a "Week Of The Dead" now. :eek:

2 Nights (1968 + 1990)
    4 Dawns (Collectors Edition 137m, Divimax 127m, DOTD2004, Ultimate Edition)
    Unless you count each different print in the ultimate, in which case, 6 Dawns)
    2 Days (Standard, Divimax).

:suicide:

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +996
    Universal seem to be pretty good at doing simultaneous releases of theatrical and directors cuts on DVD in the US so hopefully they will this time too.