1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newnie questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JonMace, Nov 26, 2002.

1. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I have a Sony HS1 Projector and a Toshiba 510e DVD player and the correct leads to connect them have 3 questions

1) The lead I have has component, S Video, compersite (+ L & R Phono) all to a multi- plug into the projector.Which of these should be pluged into the DVD to enable progresive scan?

2)Any ideas what settings should be on the progector and DVD player?

3) I believe I only get progesine scan from the DVD player on region 2 discs is there a hack or chip that will enable region 1/PAL discs to be progresive scan?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Dont specifically know the HS1 but most PJ's autodetect the signal, ie if it's progressive, that's what it will display.
    If you plug the component leads into the 510, you will get progressive from enabled DVD's, I had one demo'd and I think the guy turned it on in a menu, check your manual. BTW you are a*** about face with the regions, currently only NTSC is progressive, ie region 1. Us pal folks have some advantages, but that's not one of them. We all hold our breath for the announcement of PAL progressive.

3. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Had a fiddle with the options on both DVD and HS1 on the tosh 510e on the out put rather then RGB I entered S Video now I get a signal on Input A as well as S Video 2. Input A on the HS1 is set at component. By charnce do I now have the right settings?

PS sorry about the mix up in the regions

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Sounds OK, what's the picture like? You should even with a r2 dvd see a difference between s-vid and component, clearer, no motion artefacts etc.

5. JonMace

JonMace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Looks good! but never had any motion artifacts anyway, but only watching a R2 Dvd at the mo. So npt completly sure

6. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,963
    If you have a R1 copy of The Matrix try that. Lots of fast panning which will show up "juddering" - with progressive scan it should be silky smooth.

7. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,963
    ...actually just press the progressive button on the 510 remote, you'll soon see:D