1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newest FW Denon 1910; any difference?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Loewe, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's the difference between firmware 1.10 and 1.12 (both MR) for Denon 1910?

I have heard that 1.12 improves DVI, but in what way? Maybe the green tint that sometimes shows in darker details disappears (or is that only my TV)? Or is layer-change-time shortened? 1910 is perfect with jpegs on CD by the way, just like a PC on 1080i (2910, Cambridge Audio 79 and and most other players are not!).

2. Maxi_TK96

Maxi_TK96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't noticed any differences, the slight green tint is still there (small green dots) but more importantly so is the macroblocking. If you are happy with your player then it might be better not to do the upgrade since there's the danger of the process going wrong and messing up your player.

3. Loewe

Loewe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the new firmware (1.12) enables the 1910 to play Double Layer DVDR, which i have read it has not done well (or at all) so far..