Newer Sony TVs and Android

SPBonzo

Established Member
Reaction score
I've owned a Sony KD43XG8305 for just over a couple of years now and despite being happy with the TV's image quality I'm beginning to tire of the awful Android interface. Despite the updates it's still infuriatingly slow and every so often I need to perform a 'cold boot' of the TV to fix buffering\network issues that appear to develop over time.

I'm assuming that the processor in the KD43XG8305 is about as low as Sony can go for using Android and that the newer Sony TVs are better equipped to support the OS. Is this correct?

The KD43XG8305 is like owning a really slow smart phone.

I've owned a Sony KD43XG8305 for just over a couple of years now and despite being happy with the TV's image quality I'm beginning to tire of the awful Android interface. Despite the updates it's still infuriatingly slow and every so often I need to perform a 'cold boot' of the TV to fix buffering\network issues that appear to develop over time.

I'm assuming that the processor in the KD43XG8305 is about as low as Sony can go for using Android and that the newer Sony TVs are better equipped to support the OS. Is this correct?

Correct, the XG83 was still on the old platform whereas the XG85 and XG95 already had the upgraded one. 2021 models/ models with HDMI 2.1 have an improved version of that ...

Have you done a factory reset? I have the 43" XG8396 - practically the same tv as yours - and never had any issues with Android OS. Everything works as it should.

The new TVs are fast enough but Android/Google TV still has more than its fair share of bugs, crashes and resets required to get it working again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom