Newer HDMI amps and lip synch - improved ?

Boozyuzi

Do the latest HDMI equipped AV receiver's suffer fom lip synch problems compared with older models that connected with optical or co-axial ? ie the Yamaha RX-V 1700

I've got a Yamaha RX-V1500 and a Panasonic PX70 plasma. Sky HD & Sony DVP-NS76H DVD player and I notice the lip synch being out occasionally.

jon1

Do the latest HDMI equipped AV receiver's suffer from lip sync problems compared with older models that connected with optical or co-axial ? ie the Yamaha RX-V 1700

I've got a Yamaha RX-V1500 and a Panasonic PX70 plasma. Sky HD & Sony DVP-NS76H DVD player and I notice the lip synch being out occasionally.

I have no problems going through the onkyo 805 with lip synch the amp corrects it ,,can not say about any other amps

Jon

Boozyuzi

Think I've found what I was looking for - only HDMI v1.3 will auto lip synch.

It's a minefield oot there !

gblades

Yes but any decent modern HDMI amp should allow you to set a digital delay which you just need to calibrate to the picture delay caused by the display.
auto sync does make it easier though.

Boozyuzi

set a digital delay which you just need to calibrate to the picture delay caused by the display.

The Yamaha 1500 lets you set the audio delay but it's not easy getting it spot on and I'm always sitting there thinking that it's slightly off. Anyone know if the Yamaha 1700 has a better system for setting the delay - digital ?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom