• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newby to Projectors Requires Advice!

JackMan

Established Member
Hi. My mate runs a local pub and is looking to replace his tired and worn out projector. The current one is ceiling mounted so the replacement would have to be too and the screen is around 5m from the projector. It doesn't have to be HD.

Errrr, can't think of any other information which might be pertinent. My mate was very vague about his budget, in that he didn't say how much he wanted to spend! But I think he's after getting one second-hand.

Any help, advice, ideas of how much these things are likely to cost etc will be gratefully received.

Thanks a lot.

AV Nik

Established Member
Hi Jackman,
Affordable projectors like the Hitachi CP-X300 and CPX1 are favourites to shopfitters and installers so would possible be your best option.
One of the best selling projectors is the Sanyo PLC-XW56 (previous model: XW50) with Lamp Voucher worth over £200 and also a Free 15" LCD TV (While Stocks Last). Above this Sanyo unit is the PLC-XU75 which has 2500 Ansi Lumens and also with Free Lamp Voucher.
Panasonic LB51NTEA with Daylight View and 2000 Lumens. Very simple to use and easy setup with a 3 year swapout warranty.
Stepping up from that is the new Panasonic PT-F100NTEA which comes with a FREE 3 year Lamp Warranty & Total Cost of Ownership pack. Meaning you won't have to pay a penny on maintaining the projector for at least three years. Powerful 3500 Ansi Lumens for unsurpassed brightness, and comes complete with a unique rolling filter so it never needs to be cleaned or replaced unlike all other projectors.
Hope this helps.

JackMan

Established Member
Thanks for the response, it's very useful. I've been trawling the net for hours looking for something that would do the job without breaking the bank. But knowing this chap like I do, he'll still keel over when I tell him how much he should be spending for something decent! I think he'd prefer something of ebay for a fraction of the price, but IMO he'd probably end up with something as bad as his current CRT projector.

Alan Westy

Established Member
A well set up decent CRT would probably be a better option for a pub, they will run for up to 10,000 hours without maintenance and without requiring costly lamps changed and are not affected by dust like digital projectors. Oh and incidentally will still give as good if not better picture than a digital.
By the way I have no particular axe to grind here as I have both a CRT and a digital projector.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom