Newbiw seeks Home Cinema System advice to go with Samsung m87 LCD telly.

ur1d1um

Hi. Am a complete novice when it comes to home cinema so please be gentle!

Am close to deciding on the new Samsung M87 lcd telly and want to get a home cinema system to go with it. Would quite like a Samsung system too so they all match

Essential for me though is that the DVD player that comes with it is Multi-region and that it upscales. Beyond that I get a bit confused! I fancy the tall speakers rather than the systems I've seen with the smaller ones. Do I get 6.1? Have quite a long, narrow lounge so assumed two speakers at the TV end, two in the middle and two at the back with the sub in the middle too?

Not too worried about the budget as have been saving forever and it's my birthday tomorrow too! £300 - £500 reasonable?

Any help would be much appreciated - many thanks :smashin:

Winnie

Hi,
I'm also looking into a home cinema system for my new Samsung LCD.

I have just ordered the Samasung HD870 DVD player (which can be made MR by a handset hack) and am also considering the Samsung HT-AS710 amp/speaker package. Bothe these can be had for less than £300 (£45 player, £230 amp/speakers).

I think this is a better package than buying a system with built-in dvd. The amp that comes with the HT-AS710 also has 2 hdmi inputs (useful if you only have 1 hdmi input on your TV - like I have).

However be warned that there are compatibility issues with this amp and Sky HD due to Sky not outputting a 5.1 signal. search this forum for more details. As I am with Virgin this is not an issue for me.

Cheers

daz_man83

Hi,
I'm also looking into a home cinema system for my new Samsung LCD.

I have just ordered the Samasung HD870 DVD player (which can be made MR by a handset hack) and am also considering the Samsung HT-AS710 amp/speaker package. Bothe these can be had for less than £300 (£45 player, £230 amp/speakers).

I think this is a better package than buying a system with built-in dvd. The amp that comes with the HT-AS710 also has 2 hdmi inputs (useful if you only have 1 hdmi input on your TV - like I have).

However be warned that there are compatibility issues with this amp and Sky HD due to Sky not outputting a 5.1 signal. search this forum for more details. As I am with Virgin this is not an issue for me.

Cheers

SONY HTSF1000 OR THE NEW SONY HTSF1100, simply astounding 5.1 quality for £300.00!!

Build quality is second to none and the sound really is fantastic!, great connectivity and at a very affordable price!.

Ive just purchased one with my samsung M87 and the setup is fantastic.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom