Newbies SAMY HD 850 THOUGHTS

S

Samsmate

Bought one of these hd 850s as a way to try out my new tx200 projectors higher resolution. When its working properly its quite good picture wise ,but there are just so many niggling faults with it (hdmi audio not available message ,unresponsive remote ,problems with hard to describe lines bliping on action sequenses on 750p setting,works ok at 1080i) i bought this on an impulse & to be frank i wish i had read the veiws of other forum members instead of magazine articles . In my opinion this player should never have been alowed out of the factory with so many stupid faults.

I've heard of these problems before. Yep, read these forums before making any purchasing decisions :rolleyes:

I bought the HD950 and haven't once seen any of these problems. Top player :smashin:

My friend purchased the 850.

He tinkered with many components even going to the expense of buying new cables.
The end result the cables nearly cost as much as the player and problems still continued.
He became so frustrated with it that he sent it back to the store not bothering to return the box and all accesories.
Store Manager offered him another but he refused.
I sold him my Pio 686 (Universal Player equal to the US DV 588) however no upscaling.
He gave me the following analogy.
He said he will never attempt to purchase "Rolls Royce" features such as "upscaling" on a Hyundai.

Couldnt agree more con219 cant return mine or i would, anyway it will have to do until real HD format players come along .The most anoying thing about this machine is that when you get past all the hassel its capable of some very good pictures in 1080i mode .Its like running a pre flight check before take of - make sure on screen messages are disabled ,check its set to 1080 as once the dvd starts you cant access the player menu unless the disc is stopped ,cant remember any other dvd player i own doing this !
I still enjoy the movie experience it and my new hitachi tx200 PJ(these are great by the way) produce :clap: :clap:
Just wish a company like samsung would fix the probs with a firmware upgrade
& not use its customers as product developers:suicide:

I still enjoy the movie experience it and my new hitachi tx200 PJ(these are great by the way) produce :clap: :clap:
Just wish a company like samsung would fix the probs with a firmware upgrade
& not use its customers as product developers:suicide:[/QUOTE]

I've got the PJTX100. Images coming from a component and DVI set up
are superb to say the least.
The big lens contributes to the shapness of images produced by the unit.
The PJTX200 has yet to be released in Australia but I was impressed with the specs.
Is this your first projector?
I cannot watch DLP chip based projectors as I get motion sick.
Recent experience was in a A/V store in Adelaide Sth Australia where a $38k AUD Marantz projector was playing an Aussie Rules Match. The picture was superb however I started to feel motion sickness which I don't get from my Hitachi. I asked the owner if the unit uses DLP chips. His reply was yes.

No con219 this is my second PJ the first was a philips Garbo matchline lcd
thought it was great , have it 3 years @ 5000hrs on long life lamp which failed recently (pretty sure its the lamp ) Dont think philips make PJs anymore
& as a new lamp cost £350 or more for a three year old technology projector & a new tx200 was only @£1100 i thought it was time to upgrade .I think lamps for the hitachi @£150 or so & that sounded good
I use my projector on a white wall @ 9ft diagonal image & love it ! play games on it( Grand Tourismo4 is amazing ) and dvds are nothing short of Cinematic,yes on some paning shots usually fast ones i also get a bit of motion sickness wouldnt even put it that strongly but i think you know what i mean.:eek: as for dlp i have no real experience of them . A well known tech show here in the uk recently tested a selection of PJs DLP & LCD they seemed to prefare the LCD !This came as something of a suprise to me as all the Home Cinema press went more with DLP at the time . What ever i enjoy what i have and am sure other have there preferances as to whats important in a projector .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom