Newbie's questions - Barxo Data 600...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Electro, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electro

Electro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently hot hold of a Barco Data 600 for a pretty good price, as a total newbie to CRT's, I have a few questions about parts wearing out etc...

I already knew before I got a CRT, the risks of tubes with burnt in images and not to display static images for long periods of time etc, I have looked into the lenses of all 3 tubes and I cannot see any visible burn. I must admit, I have yet to venture further and take the lenses out and look at the tubes in closer detail, but when I put a white screen into the projector, just a plain white feed from RGBS, I cannot see any lines, or burnt in images at all, probably a good sign :)

I checked the fans for dust, a sign of use, and there is a small amount of very fine black dust on the chrome grills, so that would suggest that this unit has not had much use :)

So, what other parts are there inside that are replacable, or wear out? I hear stories of EHT boards wearing out and a splitter board wearing out, perhaps at one stage. Should I be concerned ?

Many thanks for your help! ;)

-Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.