1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie''need some help

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jb 1, Jul 23, 2002.

1. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just bought a sony trv 16e its my first dv cam.
    anyway the software provided pixela does not seem to work so can any 1 tell me where i can get a prog so i can edit my holiday footage via the usb on my pc.
    i am new to all this so go easy

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you installed the Sony USB drivers from the CDROM?. That camera can also act as a webcam so is that working at all?. It sounds like you have some sort of connectivity/pc setup problem. Another idea is if you go into your BIOS* screen and make sure that 'Assign IRQ for USB' is set to YES. If you have never looked in your BIOS options screen then when the PC is booting up you should see some text saying something like 'Press F1 to go into SETUP' or 'Press Delete key to go into options'. When your in the BIOS screen do not change anything!, just look for the setting 'Assign IRQ for USB' and if its set to NO then change it to YES.

Once you get it working you might want to look at some other editing software like Pinnacle Studio 7.0 video editing software, or some of the more expensive packages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YUME/ref=er_ra_acc_dp_1/202-6967930-7699841

Feel free to ask any other questions.

3. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its asking for msyuv.dll i have searched for but its not here
    its starting to do my head in

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What operating System are you using?. It sounds like you need the latest DirectX 8.1 update but read on...

If you run dxdiag.exe from the START>RUN menu it will tell you what version of DirectX you have installed. If you click on DirectX files and sort by name then you should see msyuv.dll in the list of installed files. Do a search on your PC using findfiles and search for msyuv.dll, I think you will find its in c:\windows\system32 . When you install the USB/camcorder software and it comes up saying cannot find the dll then type in c:\windows\system32 in the path or d:\windows\system32 if you have installed your operating system on the D: drive.

5. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice im off to work now let you know soon if its worked once again thanx

8. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,367
    Sorry for pointing you to the wrong forum yesterday jb 1, glad you got in the right one eventually, and got some help.

9. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just realised that the USB feature on that Sony camera is probably for downloading the still pictures you can take with it... To edit video requires a much faster interface and USB can only really handle still images. You will probably need a firewire card installed into your computer hooked up to your camera in order to do this. Ive never done this myself so maybe some other people can guide you.

Good luck! :)