SignalMan

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help a complete novice, wanting to buy my first camcorder. The prime reason for the camcorder is to use on a motorcycle so it must be capable of fast footage without pixelating or blocking and must have DV/AV in-out. I have a budget of upto £1200 but if I can get a camcorder for £500, that did the job I'd be more than happy. The one thing I have learned in life is that sometimes the dearest isn't always the best!. Please can anyone help as the more I read about differant models the more confused I get!.

Hi!
I'm also looking around to buy and have done a lot of research. I think Sony is the make to go for. Best video quality. You can have a TRV 16 Or Trv 18 for around £450. But if you want a dv out you'll have to take a Trv 25. If you don't mind having a bit of a heavier machine you can take a digital 8 and go for the Trv 740.
Hope this helps. Good luck

I guess that the camera will be fitted to a some aged K series BMW so can I suggest a Bell & Howell 16mm cine camera circa 1953. You can mount it on the top box and run it from the shaft drive, just be carefull the beard doesn't get snagged in the reel or all that smoke from the pipe clouds the lense.

I'm sure if I look out for you I'll see you at Devils.

MJR600

Allright MJR600, so youve allready seen me at Devils, how else could you be so accurate, but at least the bike wasn't built by Monkeys with access to welding gear:) . Ive tried the Bell & Howell but like you said 'it's to tricky with the beard' but if youve got time to sugest any other setup using a more upto date camera (in between learning to get your feet up going round bends) it would be much appreciated.
Ride Safe and Merry Xmas.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom