Question Newbie - ysp2500 / new tv / hdr pass through?!

dan1981

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all

Not been around these forums for several years now!

However have got rid of an old 5.1 setup I had and looking for something new.

RS has the old Yamaha ysp-2500 on offer still at 399 which seems a bargain however I understand it doesn't have 4K pass through.

My current tv doesn't do 4K but in the next few months I intend to upgrade hopefully to oled as prices hopefully continue to fall

I play Xbox one s and use as a blue ray, have bt for tv and that's about it - don't stream from YouTube / Amazon etc and don't intend too

Am I limiting myself with the ysp-2500 or can I work around the lack of pass through?!

Worth me spending the cash now or not?

Any other advice for a newb?

Thanks

Soundbar - is that your best option and does your room/room layout lend itself to a Soundbar?

UHD - if you want to pass your video signals through a Soundbar (or AVR) I would look for the required feature support as adding in external 'compatibility' devices soon gets expensive when you are working to a budget.

Joe

Thanks for the response.

Room-wise I think the soundbar should work pretty well - it's just a rectangular room, no odd shapes, no curtains, windows have wooden blinds on them.

For the tech - is it an option to run my video outputs into the tv - Xbox / bt Vision & then run the audio out from the tv into soundbar?

Or would this not work?

Cheers

TV Audio - check if your TV supports 5.1 via HDMI from external Sources, many don't and 'limit' you to 2.0.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom