1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie without a clue

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by i am kloot, Sep 16, 2004.

1. i am kloot

i am kloot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey all...i have just purchased a sony kep42m1s and it gets delivered tomorrow...wow! i am so excited. i was wondering what y'all thought of said plasma. not a stable door..horse..bolted kinda question....just some thoughts of you experts. eternally grateful...KLOOT. :clown:

2. i am kloot

i am kloot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    c'mon y'all give a boy a hand. :clown:

3. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Most people on here have either Panasonics, Pioneers or Hitachis, so don't expect to much feed back.
    I think the general concensus is the older Sonys weren't much cop, they looked to washed out.
    But I think the new range of Sonys are superb, Alis panel or not the picture looks fantastic. For me it was a toss up between the Sony or the Panasonic.
    The Panasonic won purely on cost and that they were very popular on this forum.
    Sorry I haven't much useful info to give you, but at least you've had a reply. :thumbsup:

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Think we're all hanging back to avoid a 'slag off the new guy's kit' festival. I'm not a big sony fan, but with all new kit I'm open to persuasion, get it set up and tell us what you think. Try to see past the 'wow what a big one I've got' factor, if it's really any good more people would buy them, just Sony haven't really tried that hard with plasma, they have chosen another path, never made their own glass ec.

5. NC11

NC11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've been reading this forum for the past few months and got a fair share of the advice and info given. It's true that some brands are favored more than the others , but I guess it all comes down to what people are using the most. I'm sure the PW6 Panasonic model sold much better than the Sony equivalent (if such exists) due to this forum alone.

What you need to remember is that no matter what people say , at the end of the day you'll be sitting in front of it for the next couple of years , so make sure you've seen it before and compared it to the others.

All the specs in the world will not make a difference if u or you're family don't like what you see. :lesson:

As a newbie myself I've searched around , demo'd many screens and finally knew what I wanted and got it. It's quite simple once you've made you're mind up and by the looks of it you have! Enjoy you're Sony plasma!! :thumbsup:

6. i am kloot

i am kloot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it has arrived and its all set up..i must say to my untrained eye it looks the mutts...but what do i know. :clown:

7. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I saw this Sony screen in John Lewis last week and have to say it was very impressive. Probably not the best place to compare screens, but I thought it was better than the Panasonic Viera alongside it. The salesman said they basically just unbox and switch them on, so neither would look their best.

Just did a quick search on Kelkoo and it can be had for 2,169 which is pretty good considering it has speakers, 3 SCARTS and a stand. Not sure if the tuner is a Freeview though. That's pretty close to the price of a Panasonic PWD6 with all the bits.

8. i am kloot

i am kloot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi man...dont think the tuner is freeviewbut i watch it all thru sky...you got any other spec info on this one?

9. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's analogue, which is not a problem - managed to find a few more sites with better descriptions. I've got 2 Freeview adapters anyway, so that's what I plan to use: 1 with Tivo, 2nd as a live alternative when I need it.

10. Tyko

Tyko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey :)

can you make some review about that? I going to buy it also, please send some pic and write some review :)

thank you

11. i am kloot

i am kloot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry tyko...id love to but i am not knowledgeable enough to know if it is any good with comparison to other makes and models. the dvd pq is awesome though. :clown:

12. Tyko

Tyko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thats sound good :D

upload som pic please if you have time :)