• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie with Probably Stupid Question about XBox 360 but help would be brilliant

Mccallum1

Novice Member
Hello

I recently bought a second hand X-Box 360 with lots of games and this is my first dipping into the world of gaming since my Sega Megadrive so I am pretty behind the times - don't even know what's in the pop parade these days.

However I digress.

Now, here is my epic and stupid question.

I have the system all loaded and everything seems to work - however when I load a game and the starting sequence comes up and gives you the option to press Start or A button I simply can't get the remote or game controller to respond - the batteries are fresh and the remote works with everything else but the game just gets stuck on the animated sequence.

Is there something very obvious that I should be doing? Or is there another reason that could be behind my inablity to get the game to start?

See, told you it was stupid.

McCallum1

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
NOt sure about the remote, but have you sync'd the controller to the 360?

Around the round domed xbox button on the controller there are four lights. One of these should be on to show the controller is sync'd. If all four are flashing then you'll need to sync it.

ON the front edge of the controller there will be a small button with 3 verticle lines next to it. ON the console there will be the same button. Press the one on the console first, then the one on the controller. This should then sync and you should be good to go.......if thats the problem

Mccallum1

Novice Member
Thank you Invisiblekid that was exactly what the issue was...

Brilliant thank you very much

Now I'm off to be frightened by the colours sounds and movements

Cheers again

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom