1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with Fujitsu queries

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spitfire1, Oct 29, 2005.

1. spitfire1

spitfire1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently bought secondhand a fujitsu pds4214-e which is superb but I have a couple of niggles which maybe somebody can help with :

Firstly there are 2 fans mounted at the top of the casing that make a constant noise which is usually ok except with quiet sections of the film/prog being viewed.It states in the user manual that some hum from the fans is normal-has anyone else experienced this or do you think maybe the bearings on the fans have gone ore something-it does really irritate & I would say is equivalent to a pc fan or something similiar.

Second thing is if I watch a dvd-eg lord of the rings-2 towers,which is quiet a dark film (played on philips dvr880 going through skyplus into the rgb input (pc monitor kind of connection) via a scart to rgb convertor,the pic is absolutely superb & faultless but if I watch dvd's recorded by myself from other dvd's or sky or also some sky programmes dark scenes are awful reminiscent of having your pc's resolution set too low as in a safe mode boot up.

I also have s-video & component video (3 x bnc) or rgb input (5 x bnc).

any suggestions would be very much appreciated as would contact details for fujitsu service in essex (Thurrock area).

cheers

paul

2. Gussie

Gussie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    You need to check what resolution your own DVDs have been authored with - PAL DVDs can have these resolutions -

720 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
    704 x 576 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1, same as the CVD Standard)
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG2
    352 x 288 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)

depends on how you made them and with what software. The lower resolutions can look awful on some Plasma. There are also non-DVD compliant resolutions like 544x576 which can still play back on many DVD players.

Commercial PAL DVDs will always be 720x576

Gussie :)