Newbie with Freeview Problem

S

stuboatman71

I bought a freeview box for the kids room and also to use away in the caravan, I also purchased a high gain wide band exterior antenna. I set it up but when I go to the 1st time installation menu I can read it for 2 seconds then it starts moving left right out of the screen then as if it's on the loop shooting from right hand side right out the left at hyper speed. What could be causing this please and how do I ammend? :lease:

I live in line of sight of Roseneath transmitter (approx 6 miles)

The antenna I bought is a Philex high gain wideband digital aerial 27887D/01

Freeview box : Techwood TWD FV2A

Thanx in advance.

Bat-man

Sounds like a faulty box to me.

S

stuboatman71

Since typing my post I was trying it on the kitchen portable with no joy but when I tried it on the big tv in the bedroom it worked perfectly.
Why does it not work on the small t.v's? does yours work on portables?

I bought freeview for taking away in the caravan, I don't fancy lugging a huge telly with me

Richard46

Never heard of that happening. Just a long shot but I would connect it to the TV so you can get into menu and see what video format it is set to. Probably under AV settings or SetUp or something. It will have options like CVBS or Composite; S-Video; RGB. I would try setting different ones and see if they work on the portable; Especially if it is set to RGB try Composite or CVBS maybe the portables cannot cope with RGB which would otherwise be the prefered option.
Just a long shot; someone will soon shoot the idea down no doubt.

Richard

Gammy leg

Novice Member
Another silly point perhaps, you have connected to the TV via SCART cable? Sounds like the TV may not quite be tuned to the right frequency. Not sure whether freeview channels would be viewable without SCART connection though.

GAmmy

S

stuboatman71

Never heard of that happening. Just a long shot but I would connect it to the TV so you can get into menu and see what video format it is set to. Probably under AV settings or SetUp or something. It will have options like CVBS or Composite; S-Video; RGB. I would try setting different ones and see if they work on the portable; Especially if it is set to RGB try Composite or CVBS maybe the portables cannot cope with RGB which would otherwise be the prefered option.
Just a long shot; someone will soon shoot the idea down no doubt.

Richard
Shoot down the idea at their peril!!
I changed the freeview box settings from RGB to CVBS hooked it up to the portable in the kitchen and there it is... perfect picture.

Thanks guys for your input. :clap: