newbie with battery problems

AndyP987

Novice Member
Reaction score
hi, I got my son a drone for Christmas and after a week we are having trouble charging the 3.7v 180mAh Li-Po batteries, we have been using a USB cable which was supplied but the batteries only hold 30 seconds or so of charge. At first the recharge time was about 30 minutes but now it only takes 10 minutes before the LED turnns green. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or any tips on bringing new life to them?
thanks
Andy

If you find one let us know

Sorry to say it sounds like you have over discharged them. LiPo batteries should not be taken to below about 20%, so if you have been running them all the way down, they will not recover.

Suggest you grab some new ones and use the same protocols that are used for larger lipo batteries.

1. Store with 50-70% charge
2. Charge and then use within 24 hours. Never leave batteries fully charged for longer than this.
3. Never discharge below 20%

Store batteries in a fire proof bag, and ideally charge them in one as well. Even these little batteries can catch fire spontaneously, and cause a lot of damage when they do. If the battery swells - known as spicy pillows (!) discard it straightaway at the local tip. Do not put it into domestic rubbish.

Sorry to say it sounds like you have over discharged them. LiPo batteries should not be taken to below about 20%, so if you have been running them all the way down, they will not recover.

Suggest you grab some new ones and use the same protocols that are used for larger lipo batteries.

1. Store with 50-70% charge
2. Charge and then use within 24 hours. Never leave batteries fully charged for longer than this.
3. Never discharge below 20%

Store batteries in a fire proof bag, and ideally charge them in one as well. Even these little batteries can catch fire spontaneously, and cause a lot of damage when they do. If the battery swells - known as spicy pillows (!) discard it straightaway at the local tip. Do not put it into domestic rubbish.
thanks for this helpful reply,sounds like a new set and follow your advice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom