1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with All-In-One Audio Output problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by susalalalala, Nov 25, 2004.

1. susalalalala

susalalalala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I just purchased a Sony HT-4800DP Home Theatre System. It consists of 2 components - a CD/DVD player and a receiver. It also has surround-sound speakers.

I would like to be able to play CDs with the audio coming out of the surround sound speakers (which I have been able to do). However, I would like my DVD sound to come from my television. (in case you're wondering why... the speakers are in a separate room than the television - I'm also not concerned with my DVDs having surround sound at this time). The problem is that there is only ONE left/right Audio output on the CD/DVD player. So it seems like I can chose either the TV or the Receiver speakers. Does anyone have any suggestions? There is no a/b speaker option to connect speakers in the same room as the television. Can I use some sort of Audio output splitter?

Thanks for any help!

2. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Feel a bit confused by your post so if I have got the wrong end of the stick please forgive me.

Can you not just turn the amp's volume down and then just use your tv's sound as you would have done before you got the home cinema kit?