Newbie: Witcher 3 GOTY or Uncharted: Nathan Drake Coll?

Droogie 2001

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a PS4 Pro after being away from gaming for 3-4 years!
Was an Xbox 360 owner previously but didn't go down the Xbox One path.

Fancied a change of console as well as PS4 Pro being considerably cheaper than an Xbox One X. I also wanted 4K output with the possiability of VR down the road...;)

Anyway I have joined the PS Plus network and noticed the January sale was on.
Have bagged a few great bargains already such as Journey, Inside, Firewatch. All are brilliant but I thought I would try and grab one more before it ends.

I have heard great things about Witcher 3 and already knew about Uncharted from years ago.
Both are reasonably priced with up to 55% off RRP.

So which do I go for?
I like platformers and puzzle games.
Use to play Oblivion on the 360 which I guess is a bit like Witcher.

I know, I know the recommendations wil be to get both but after Xmas I am pretty short on funds.
Do these sales come up regularly?

Thanks!

Witcher 3 is a 100+ hour open world RPG. Brilliant game. It's well worth it at the discounted price.

Uncharted is a 10/15+ hour linear game. Sort of like playing a beautifully crafted action movie. Definitely worth a purchase.

I know you've said you can only get one but both games are well worth a purchase.

If it helps, The Witcher comes with Wild hunt, which is best part of a tenner in the sale on its own, so you'll get a lot of bang for your buck if you get either Witcher standard or GOTY edition..

Uncharted is brilliant, but as @GeneticMutation says, you'll play through it once or twice and that's it unless multiplayer interests you. My vote would be the Witcher, especially if you've sunk some time into Oblivion in the past.

If you liked Oblivion chances are you will like Skyrim which is a game in the same series and also available in VR.

However out of Drake and The Witcher I would definitely recommend The Witcher, an amazing fantasy world for you to discover. Which will at times make you stop playing and drool at the amazing vistas and sunsets/rises.

Keep your eye on this thread here in the forums... The AVF PS4 Bargain Hunters (Penny Pinchers) Thread every few days some great member will alert you to a cheap game on sale somewhere. :smashin:

Also I forgot to mention the classifieds here... you can pick all sorts of deals up.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's recommendations. I think I will go with The Witcher, athough frankly at an extra £14.99 I may well end up with both. Good to know that there is a classified section.

Thanks again.

Another vote for Witcher here,incredible game. Though I'm a massive Uncharted fan too!

Went for the Witcher but have yet to play it. Will pick up the Uncharted Series at some point.
Have rather alot of games to get through at the moment!

Thanks for everyone suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom