Newbie: Whats best LCD or Plasma?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Parf7, Jun 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Parf7

Parf7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy either a plasma or LCD TV can someone please tell me what the major differences are, and what are considered the best?

Thanks

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    There are quite a few threads on this and you'll find that, often, opinion is split there are lots of people who prefer the look of plasma and other who prefer the look of LCD.

Best advice is to demo as many as you can.

John

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,999
    Agreed. The danger of asking such a question is that you will get responses like

"I've got a Panny ABC123 Plasma and its the d**'s b*ll**ks so get one and you won't be disappointed".

Use the forum search and you should find many detailed pros and cons for each. Suffice to say that no TV technology is without both strong and weak points and to a huge degree it becomes a matter of your preference. Other peoples' views should only be used to guide you as to the sort of things (i.e. picture properties, strengths and weaknesses, not makes and models) you should be looking for.

4. Parf7

Parf7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gents,

Thanks for the replys but I'm still in the dark. Is there any chance you could just post a few tips. I know nothing about either and dont really want to take the word of the spotty 17 year old in Comet!!

Is one brighter than the other? Do either suffer from fast moving images? Do either every appear blurred?

Thanks in advance

5. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Parf,

If you do a search for 'LCD v Plasma' you'll find loads of threads and they all come to the same conclusion - It's really down to personal preference.

I've got a plasma and an LCD and there are advantages and disadvantages to both all of which are covered in the threads you'll find.

John