1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie WHAT SCREEN IS BEST

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jimmyfixit, Oct 12, 2004.

1. jimmyfixit

jimmyfixit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im getting a screenplay 4805 which is going to be mounted on a shelf high on the wall. I want the screen to be electic and at least 6ft poss 8ft, so what one would be best???

2. mojomanic

mojomanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 4805 pj and am projecting onto a Drh slimline 240 electric screen, 80inch wide with superb results

3. Braveheart

Braveheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a 4805 with projector mounted on wall. I also will give a vote of confindence for the DRH, although I went for a manual 5.5 ft and a unity gain.

4. sanj

sanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have a Z2 and a DRH slimline 8ft electric screen and I recommend them
    as well. I've had the screen for approx. 4 months and had no issues with them at all!

5. jimmyfixit

jimmyfixit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks alot for your help :thumbsup: Im new to all this, what is the diferance in screen types i.e. high power etc, and what type would go well with the 4805 pj, once angain many thanks :)

6. mojomanic

mojomanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My screen is a matt white with a screen gain of 1.0 and it suits the 4805 just fine!!

7. Braveheart

Braveheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jimmyfixit
    Basically, some screens reflect more light than others. See DRH screens website for details or checkout Stewartscreen's website. It will give you a good idea what type of screen you need.
    If you have a lot of ambient light in your viewing room you may need to have a high power or high gain screen(reflects more light). On the other hand you make have a very dark viewing room you may go for a lower gain screen i.e 1.0 gain
    I decided on a DRH 1.0 gain screen and also use a 4805 wall mounted PJ. Contacted DRH screens and they sent me some samples.

8. jimmyfixit

jimmyfixit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :offtopic: Big up all those who post on such a great site, your all so helpful, keep the good work up peps :thumbsup: