1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wants projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rickyd, Aug 25, 2004.

1. rickyd

rickyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    HI all
    I am a newbie so please be gentle with me!
    I would like to install a projector and screen into my living room. I have £1,500 to £2,000 to spend, i would preferably like a DLP ceiling mounted projector with a pulldown or electric screen. (widescreen)
    My room size is 5.20 long and 3.30 wide with a floor to ceiling hight of 2.36
    Not the biggest of rooms!! could anyone please recomend a set up for me :lease: thanks
    Kinza.

2. rickyd

rickyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Wot!! no recomendations?
    kinza.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well you seem clear enough on what you want........... check out some of the Forum ponsors websites for projectors in your budget range (allowing for whatever a screen will cost you) and then read up on the forums for folks opinions of the projectors you're interested in. Better still, get out and see some of the projectors in action - Nenix, AVsales ProgAv, Audiovisiononline, Discounttv ( no significance in the order, btw, just as the names occur to me) all have demo facilities as have other dealers I'm sure. Having me tell you to look at XX projector and someone else saying YY projector is no substitute for seeing the stuff yourself. The current crop of 1280x720 LCD projectors (and the HS20) are within your budget, as are a number of DLP projectors.

S.