1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wants freeview in bedroom!

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Basil65, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Basil65

Basil65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What I want to do is have my freeview box in a remote location and control it in the bedroom. I have co-axial cable already installed from one location to the other. Will the co-ax suffice? How can I remotely control the digi-box? is there a better alternative?

Enough questions for now I think. Thanks to anyone who replys in advance, thank god you're out there!!!

2. Dr Diversity

Dr Diversity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are boxes you can buy from Argos and the like that allow you to do this. All works down the co-ax and you have your remote control for the freeview in the bedroom. Doesn't behave very well through splitters though, try to keep the circuit simple

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    It would help in giving an answer if you could explain why you don't want the freeview box in your bedroom. This would give the best results from a picture quality point of view and is also the cheapest method.

4. HarryAlffa

HarryAlffa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't really have an answer, but to be clear, like the last poster implied; I assume in the other room the Freeview box is attached to a TV (via scart for good picture quality) but you want to take advantage of the RF modulator-out on your Freeview box by sending it into your bedroom? And thus want to control it from both rooms?

5. HarryAlffa

HarryAlffa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only if your Freeview box sends its picture out through the ariel connector. Some only send their picture out through the scart connector.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Put a cheap FV box on the bedroom TV

7. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    With Freeview STB's at £30-£40 thats got to be the way to go, much simpler. Sounds like you already have the co-ax to feed the 2nd box so you just need a splitter.