1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wanting a plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Maxy_UK, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Maxy_UK

Maxy_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

Im in the market for a plasma screen, now i have done a small search on here and it seems that the Panasonic 42" is a very good buy. However, i would prefer to go for a 50" screen. I have seen and quite liked the Pioneer PDP-503HDE, as you all probably know this comes with the tuner and everything so you dont need anything else out of the box to get it up and running which seems a good thing to me ;)

Now my question is, what are your views on this panel? and the reciever? Would i be better getting another screen/package?

Wheres the cheapest place to buy in the Edinburgh area? I know i could probably get it cheaper online but i would prefer to actually have them round and install it all for me.

Thanks for any help.

2. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to the sevenoaks shop in the grassmarket.

http://www.sevenoakshifi.co.uk/outlets/main/mainedinburgh.html

I would say they are probably the best with your requirements. They do an in home fitting service in which they will come to your home, fit a wall bracket and then the plasma to it. You are going to pay about £750 over the internet prices for this service, but they are very very good there. The guys that work in that shop are major bores. Just the type of guy you want to sort out your hi-fi and tv stuff ;)

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can recommend from experience The Media Factory who are based in Scotland somewhere. Don't know how their prices compare but knowledgable and very helpful.

Joe Fernand is also a regular on the forums, but please contact off-line for specific purchasing enquiries.

http://www.tmfsolutions.co.uk/homecinema_plasma.htm

4. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    I can also recommend TMF - they are based near-ish to Edinburgh (about 20-30 min drive). I arranged to come up from Newcastle and have a demo of the Panasonic 42" and Pioneer 43" and spent about 2 hours looking at them.

Joe's prices are competitive, and his level of knowledge is aparent from his many posts on this forum.

Cheers,
    Liam

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    Maxy_UK

The Pioneer PDP-503HDE PlasmaTV is a great unit - though as a bit of research on the forum will highlight the 'less well' specified (in terms of convenience features) Pioneer MXE Plasma Display has the ability to resolve higher quality images if your willing to put in the extra work to begin with to get your system connected up properly.

Drop me a PM and we can sort out a dem for you - its nice once in a while to actually get a customer in Scotland never mind Edinburgh :)

Best regards

Joe