Newbie Video Studio problems

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by DaveW2, Feb 2, 2009.

1. DaveW2

DaveW2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am totally new to analog/digital conversions so may be doing something wrong.
    I recently got a USB capture device to put my VHS tapes onto DVDs. This device came with Ulead Video Studio 8 SE.
    I have captured and edited one tape as AVI files (MS AVI files - OpenDML). However when in Edit mode I send a clip to the video track I get an error saying the file contents are unreadable but the clip goes onto the video track and plays. If I then try to 'save trimmed video' I again get the error 'content of file is unreadable'.

Can anyone offer advice on the above?

I understand that to create a DVD disc the file should be in MPEG2 format, what, on a PC, can read such a file so I can view the file before burning?

I have created one disc but all I get is sound and no video when viewed with VLC.

Many thanks for any help offered.

PS I do have a trial version of Sony Vegas

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    I would ditch the USB device and get some thing better.. as well as better software
    Anything that will play back a DVD. VLC can too

Great you have VLC seems you need better editing software

This is decent software but Im not sure the trial version is mpeg2 friendly. Ulead is now on ver 12 ( called Corel X2)