Question Newbie user looking for Info / Assist - Humax HDR

ianjnewby

Novice Member
I have recently acquired an older FRESAT FOXSAT - 320 Gig pvr to install on my inlaws TV and existing Satellite dish. Had it checked by local trusted installer who says everything working OK and should be Ok for them. Apart from the fact that it's new to them, and they have not used/had anything similar before, the hand book/manual is a bit daunting in terminology.
We have a similar style BT pvr (Youview) that is so simple to setup and use in comparison --- all they require to do is set favourites (by time/channel of the guide) and to be aware of which of the remote control functions to use. I tried by example to set/record a programme but had difficulty turning the on/off record process by remote - it showed red for the time/channel selected, then didn't reshow when attempted to repeat the action (not shown as available). Probably a simple error; would like advice if possible please!!
There must be a less complicated guide available - Humax freesat for dummies, or similar standard of self help ??
Thanks
Ian

REPASSAC

most of this is from memory as it is a few years since I had a Foxsat.

To set a recording, select guide and move cursor to a future program, press OK.
Pressing record on the remote starts an instant recording on the currently viewed program.

LNB feed cables (inner and outer LNB connections) are only checked at first install or Factory reset. A common error is to connect one to the middle connection.

There is a manual - does anyone have a machine readable copy?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I have recently acquired an older FRESAT FOXSAT - 320 Gig pvr to install on my inlaws TV and existing Satellite dish. Had it checked by local trusted installer who says everything working OK and should be Ok for them. Apart from the fact that it's new to them, and they have not used/had anything similar before, the hand book/manual is a bit daunting in terminology.
We have a similar style BT pvr (Youview) that is so simple to setup and use in comparison --- all they require to do is set favourites (by time/channel of the guide) and to be aware of which of the remote control functions to use. I tried by example to set/record a programme but had difficulty turning the on/off record process by remote - it showed red for the time/channel selected, then didn't reshow when attempted to repeat the action (not shown as available). Probably a simple error; would like advice if possible please!!
There must be a less complicated guide available - Humax freesat for dummies, or similar standard of self help ??
Thanks
Ian

Hope I can help.

Firstly can you check the box has two coax connections to the two outer connections with nothing on the two outer connections. Next report the current software version.

Firstly instead of pressing guide press schedule instead of guide. Now press red and locate a programme on say BBC1-HD (106) say Father Brown on daytime TV. When you press OK and press recordings- scheduled and press OK and choose to record the whole series, can you see that episodes of Father Brown are now scheduled to record using the schedule and/or the guide using the schedule then red option. ?

TJT1

Firstly can you check the box has two coax connections to the two outer connections with nothing on the two outer connections.
I think GLT means with nothing on the centre connection.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom