1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - Transfer VHS to DV

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by hywelcm, Jan 8, 2005.

1. hywelcm

hywelcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! I've got a Sony DCR-pc101e which according to the manual can be connected to a VCR for transfer to DV. I want to transfer some old footage from VHS to DV in order to edit on my laptop.

I've connected the camcorder via an S-video lead to the VCR (using an in/out scart adapter with S-video and phono sockets).

The problem is I can only get a black and white picture, the audio is fine (via the Sony supplied leads).

The S-video lead is a bog standard one and the scart adapter has gold connections.

Greatful of any help and advice.

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless your VCR is an S-VHS one (in which case it would have s-video connections) you cannot connect a s-video lead to it (even using a scart to s-video adapter) and expect to get anything other than a black and white picture. Throw away the s-video lead and use the lead which came with your camcorder having yellow, red and white phono's on the end. If you already have a scart to 3 phono's and s-video connector just connect up the 3 phono's colour to colour and make sure the adapter is switched to OUT

3. hywelcm

hywelcm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: Thanks very much for you help. I've now transfered from VHS to DV! .....the staff in the local Sony center looked at me as if I had 2 heads when I asked them how to do it! they were adamant that I didn't have an AV in socket on the camcorder.

Thanks again.