1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie - Torn between Panasonic SC-HT37R and SCHT1500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Scotty01, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Scotty01

Scotty01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking for a replacement Home Cinema for my Safeway crappy system I bought a couple of years ago. While looking around I have been attracted to the two Panasonics SC-HT1500 and SC-HT37R mainly due to the fact I'm getting on both systems: -

80GB HD
    DVD Recorder
    Home Cinema sound (slightly more powerful on the 37R)
    Progressive Scan
    Good connections

So what's the best one out of these two to buy in your learned opinions ? Or is there a better system out there offering the same functionality either better or at a better price ?

I am seeing the HT1500 online for about £440 and the HT37R for about £740. They seem so close in terms of quality so why the price difference...can't just be the sound power can it ?

2. Scotty01

Scotty01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well since nobody replied I opted for the cost saving option and got the SCHT1500. Ordered last Weds via Digital Direct and it was delivered Saturday morning, so great service as well as price (£448)

Very happy with it so far so happy with the choice I made.

Big difference to the plasma picture via Progressive input.