• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Newbie to Freeview

R

Richard78

I've just taken my 1st tentative steps into Large screen TV, namely Panasonic 42THPV500, which has freeview installed.
Ive connected my ariel coax to the television, but it does not recieve a dicky bird! However. When a I purchased the house the aerial was mearly slung in the atic, I've recieved okish pics on normal tele, but is this the most likely source of my problem, i.e. get it properly mounted on the exteriour of the house, pos with a booster for good measure??

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Richard78 said:
I've just taken my 1st tentative steps into Large screen TV, namely Panasonic 42THPV500, which has freeview installed.
Ive connected my ariel coax to the television, but it does not recieve a dicky bird!

Have you tried scanning for the Freeview channels within the tuning/setup menu?

R

Richard78

Sorry should have put that in the oem post, yes, the pani auto scanns on start up and now just displays a sign saying no DVB available. I know my area can recieve as some friends in two streets away have it.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Richard78 said:
Sorry should have put that in the oem post, yes, the pani auto scanns on start up and now just displays a sign saying no DVB available. I know my area can recieve as some friends in two streets away have it.

Well in that case it is a signal/aerial problem.

R

Richard78

Funny man funny man (not meant as an insult), I kinda guest that, Just need a lay persons explanation to what needs to be done to get it sorted, i.e. good quality aerial, booster, no joins in the coax etc...

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Booster = last resort. (i.e. the last thing to add after all else has failed to improve matters)

Better aerial, better position (higher and outside), new cables, fewer joins.

Contact your local CAI installer - the cost of the right aerial is a fraction of what you've paid for your TV. Do it right.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom