Newbie to Apps, some game advice?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Bit new to all this iPhone stuff - got a Touch last week and liked it so much that I got an iPhone on Sunday (and will be selling the Touch).

Anyways, I've gone a bit 'App-Crazy' as I guess most people do. But I've got my eye on a couple of games and dont know whether to take the plunge due to the higher cost.

* Tiger Woods - Is it worth getting now as surely 'Tiger10' will be out shortly?

* Lets Golf - I love 'Everybody's Golf' and this looks the same, but I wouldnt get this and TW. What's better?

* Assassins Creed - Looks pretty good - is it worth the money (longevity etc)

* Need For Speed - Same as AssCreed really - is there a lot to do and does it play well?

Anyways, loving the apps I've already got. This machine is perfect for quick puzzlers and I'm playing Bejewelled, BookWorm, Peggle and Frenzic to death! :clap:

Tiger woods is great, cant answer about the rest.

Also worth are a go are Ifighter- scrolling shooter in the style of 1942 etc, great graphics and very addictive. My favourite though is Ishift - really goog black and white platform type game, looks great and easy to pick up and play.

try the following:

need for speed - probably the best of the car games out there. not played it all the way through so can't comment on how long it is.

peggle - great arcade style game

airport mania - can't remember how much this is now but it was a good laugh

flight control - addictive. good to have a quick game on

bejewelled 2 - very good game

trace - free

galcon lite - free tower defence type game based in space

solitaire - free

lux touch - iphone version of risk

try the following:

need for speed - probably the best of the car games out there. not played it all the way through so can't comment on how long it is.

peggle - great arcade style game

airport mania - can't remember how much this is now but it was a good laugh

flight control - addictive. good to have a quick game on

bejewelled 2 - very good game

trace - free

galcon lite - free tower defence type game based in space

solitaire - free

lux touch - iphone version of risk

Thanks, was specifically looking for info on the games I listed though - i've got most of those. Bejewelled probably my favourite iPhone game at the moment, just cannot stop playing it!

I have Need For Speed: Undercover.

Well worth the price, its an amazing game when you consider that is running on an iPhone!

EA have done really well creating these ports for the iPhone.

I'm going to buy the Sims 3 for iPhone when I've completed Need for Speed.

You mention you're new to the app store and stuff, so maybe you don't know about the Reviews? When you look at the description page for an app you can read all the reviews that have been submitted. Its a fairly good way of judging how good a game is.

I have Need For Speed: Undercover.

Well worth the price, its an amazing game when you consider that is running on an iPhone!

EA have done really well creating these ports for the iPhone.

I'm going to buy the Sims 3 for iPhone when I've completed Need for Speed.

You mention you're new to the app store and stuff, so maybe you don't know about the Reviews? When you look at the description page for an app you can read all the reviews that have been submitted. Its a fairly good way of judging how good a game is.

Cheers - I do read the reviews, but always good to get more opinions. I feel alot of those reviews are written by 13 year old Americans!

"ZOMG!!! THIS TOTALY RRRRROCKKSS!!!" etc - not really a great critique!

Ah ok, in addition then, some games are also reviewed properly, like a console game is by sites like IGN. A google to find the reviews should help.

Anyway, definately buy need for speed if you're a fan of the the series.

Ah ok, in addition then, some games are also reviewed properly, like a console game is by sites like IGN. A google to find the reviews should help.

Anyway, definately buy need for speed if you're a fan of the the series.

Was going too, but then I saw 'Real Racing' which is due for release in the next 7 days I think. Looks like TOCA - has tilt steering with a cockpit view! Looks very good...

Just been playing Aurora Feint II - Very good!

===

Oh and forgot to say (to keep thread tidy), I ended up getting Tiger Woods and Assassins Creed last night - both very good and well worth the cash!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom