1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE TO 3D GLASSES

Discussion in 'General Tech & Gadget Forums' started by mick560, Aug 6, 2016.

1. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI, JUST GOT A NEW SONY TV AND A SONY BLUE RAY PLAYER. I GOT SONY 3D GLASSES BUT CANT GET THEM TO WORK BUT DOESN'T MATTER AS GOT 2 PAIRS OF EXELVAN GLASSES THAT ARE GREAT, MY PROBLEM IS I DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE 3D FORMATS, MY FIRST BLUE RAY FILM AVATAR WAS NO PROBLEM BUT I BOUGHT A BLUE RAY ICE AGE FILM THAT THE GLASSES WONT WORK WITH, THE SCREEN IS SPLIT IN THE CENTRE INSTEAD OF JUST BEING OFFSET SLIGHTLY. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHATS HAPPENING PLEASE ?

2. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    As far as I am aware 3D glasses 2013 on are compatible with all TVs when watching a blu Ray. The problem arive when using sony's 3D conversion produced by the tv. Only Sony glasses work when in 2d to 3D conversion so check that you haven't turned the 3D on in settings just let the blu Ray do the work.

3. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks for your help, i checked and tried again and made sure the 3d settings were off on the tv but still didn't work.

4. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    But it's only the Sony glasses that will do your side by side 3D. I read somewhere on here about about restarting or restoring the tv to synch the Sony glasses especially if they where registered with another tv first.

5. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks again for reply, still having no luck with the sony glasses either, i tried turning the tv off and testing the glasses again when i turned it back on but still wont work, i will try to restore the tv tomorrow and give it another go then, cheers, mick.

6. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    p.s. i dont understand the my first 3d film ( AVATAR ) played ok but when i put the second film i bought ( ICE AGE 4 ) the 3d is in split screen and wont work ? the (AVATAR) film has a screen where the image is central and slightly offset.

7. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Will check my copy of ice age 4 tomorrow night but I can't remember it being side by side. Proper 3D blu Ray is a central and slightly offset like you said.

8. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Tv conversion 2d to 3D makes it side by side. A quick search to Sony community on the Sony site should help with syncing your Sony glasses

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  9. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks, i got them both from amazon, the avatar one was about £13 blueray and the ice age 4 blueray was only about £4, is there any way other than price you can tell which is which ?

10. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have a look at the jpeg image this is a correct 3D version of ice age 4. All 3D films are central image of set only sky who used to to 3D did it side by side as far a I know. Tv manufacturers use side by side to make a pseudo 3D image. Check to see you have bluetooth turned on,on the tv to synch Sony glasses and that you have the 3D disc in as most 3D films came with 2 or3 discs which are a 3D blu Ray a standard blu Ray and sometimes a DVDs copy.

Attached Files:

11. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, thanks, yes i have double checked all of what you said yesterday i always make sure the bluetooth and the 3d setting on the tv are on and it would be hard not to tell the 3d ice age disk from the 2d, i'm a bit thick but not that bad, i do appreciate your help.

12. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    p.s. this must mean the ice age 4 i bought from amazon is not correct, maybe thats why it was cheap, i thought amazon was pretty safe ?

13. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    p.p.s. i just had a message from another sony member that my glasses are the old infra red sony ones and are not compatable, i got them from amazon as well, i will have to get claiming a refund, at least im finding out whats going on.

14. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So sorry, i didn't read your information about the ace age discs properly, i have now found out that the 2 discs are not just a 3d one and a 2d one which i had assumed, the one with the big 3d letters is the one with the split screen, i have now found out that the other disc which doesn't have the 3d letters on is actually a 3d one withe the central position, i apologise, and i am certainly a lot thicker than i thought, anyway, its all looking clear to me know and i sorted the 3d sony glasses problem as well, they were the old infr red type and dont work with new sony tvs, i am very grateful for all your help, all the best, mick.

15. ruggs95

ruggs95
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Glad your sorted. Watched ice age 4 again in 3D last it was fantastic field of depth.

16. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

17. mick560

mick560
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: