1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Thinking of Buying Sony KE32TS2

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by andrewjh009, Jun 21, 2004.

1. andrewjh009

andrewjh009

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Ideally i would like a 42inch plasma but my budget is around £1200 + the current resale value of my 2.5 year old 28inch Sony KE28LS35 something CRT, Which should give me a budget of around £1400 so i am stretching it abit for this,

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/robertwhyteproduct.php?ID=484

I need intergrated sound as my bedroom isn't really big enough for a full on home cinema setup.

Question is though is it really worth the upgrade as i remmber people saying that to make this upgrade in the CRT world isn't really worth it. Will i notice a much bigger screen size and better picture quality, i know plasma cannot beat the best of CRT but my CRT is more a less bottom of the range even in it's day. I mainly view sky digital and dvd movies, not really into sports or anything.

I might go to the sony centre later in the week to check the above out.

Whats teh resale value like on plasma as i'm gettign decent resale value on my CRT so hopefully i can get around 50% of my money in a few years time :lease:

Any advice appreciated :)

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The spec is wrong on that site, they are quoting the spec for a panasonic plasma. it also says it's "graded" this means it's not new.

3. andrewjh009

andrewjh009

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I am aware graded isn't new but that doesn't really bother me to be honest as it's a saving of £400 on the RRP for what is probably just a customer return. hmmm seems they also do this:

http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/robertwhyteproduct.php?ID=471

Is that spec right?

Wonder what i can get for the dvd recorder :lease:

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    almost, it's 852 horizontal by 1024 vertical interlaced lines, the contrast is supposed to be 1000:1