newbie sound problem

A

arnie

I have recently purchased an H&B DVD 4420 DVD player, hooking up to my portable TV with a Scart connection seems to work ok except for the fact that I still hear TV audio out of the left speaker and DVD audio out of the right speaker. I have tinkered with various Audio/Speaker settings but to no avail.
I can route the DVD player thru my stereo and mute the TV and everything is fine, I realise that is undoubtedly the best sound but I am just curious as to why I can't simply attach a DVD using a two way Scart connection and get the desired sound.
Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

This is only a suggestion, but is it a mono portable? If so, the SCART socket in the back of the TV may not be fully wired to accept stereo audio, and is only receiving a signal from the DVD player on one channel. You're better off with you hi-fi sound anyway.

I'm sure the TV is stereo, what I can't remember is whther or not I here TV sound if I switch over to AV channel manually (without the DVD player on), although even if there is I don't see why it should make any difference.
But like you say I'm better of with the HI FI setup anyway.

Hi,
The portable is a philips 14PT2694/05I (stereo!)
I tried it last night manually switching to AV and with nothing connected to the TV and the sound from a TV channel does in fact come through the speakers, this would obviously mean its some problem/feature of the Tv.

Something similar used to happen on my Bush portable. The TV still reproduces sound from which ever TV station it was last tuned into before AV1 was switched. Try tuning the TV to Channel 7 or something without a signal, then switching AV1. In theory, as there is no TV Channel signal entering the tuner, you shouldn't hear anything (well maybe low volume white noise).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom